Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Faking the Holidays Until You Can Make the Holidays Bright!

Christmas is all about being your most authentic self!

I consider this caption the first REAL Christmas caption I made this year, and it's got a bit of snark in it, but there's some heart in it too, as well as a pretty good zinger to wrap it all up into a Christmas package.

My daughter and I put up the "real Christmas tree" once again, which is the 2nd time since my forever person passed away, and of course, it's not a real tree, it's a fake real tree. There can be so much artifice when it comes to the holidays .. fake snow on windows or mantle places, people dressed in Santa costumes or elves pretending to be festive and jolly, non-toxic mistletoe to kiss underneath a doorway, and so much more. 

It's how we feel inside of ourselves that is where the holiday season really resides, whether it's the warmth of sharing time with friends and family, or even the depression that many of us have, perhaps at the same time.

Just remember that we all have our own things going on, and not everyone feels like we do. It's alright to feel sad, and it's perfectly fine to be merry. Just try to share your authentic selves with others. We are all in this together!


2 comments:

  1. Nothing fake there, it's all real to the person who has it.
    Anyhooo, yeah, I like it and your wisdom in the the narrative. I also have experience with loss and at the same time good memories at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a balancing act to be sure. I can be sad and happy at the same time, which I didn't understand when I was 20 when people felt that way. Now I know.

      Delete