Saturday, November 4, 2023

Can't Put My Fingernails on It ..


.. but something is definitely different!


Long story short, I saw the picture, and just had a flashback to all the old 1960's sitcoms I remember watching in reruns as a kid, and on Nick at Nite. Something sparked and I worked out a plot that was interesting to me.

Is it a time travel gender switch? A virtual reality game where the main character gets stuck in a simulation? A gender studies class gone horribly wrong .. or horribly right .. for our hero? I am not sure, and I wrote the damn thing. It was more of a "moment in time" caption than anything with a back story.

Anyway, I do hope you enjoy it, and maybe you can flesh it out in your mind, and tell us what you came up with!

Would anyone like to see more hair rollers / hair or beauty salon captions in the near future? I seem to be coming across some decent images and perhaps I will whip up a few if there's any demand.


Yes, it starts a now problematic comedian, but it's still lots of fun to watch nonetheless!

2 comments:

  1. I like the cap Dee! What I got from it was that the heroine of the story had been changed by the other person to help them out as a wife for their work (boss coming to dinner). I imagined it being short lived, might even end that night after dinner. Of course MY mind also thought about it extending into the evening and those bedroom husband/wife activities!

    As for more hair-roller/beauty caps, I think there's always room for those. It's such a feminine act to get put together that way. The closest male parallel is a barber shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great interpretation, Caitlyn! Now I'm picturing Ed Norton dressed up like a housewife! And yes, I'm sure you had "wifely duties" on your mind too!

      Delete