Friday, November 11, 2022

Not Having a Good Week .. Bruce Wayne's OTHER Alter Ego

C'mon! You know he had to have some sort of latex fetish, right?

This has not been a really good week. Sorry I haven't been around much on the Haven, or on the Haven Discord, or anywhere honestly. Had a few disruptions in my life, and working through them. Got online and found out the Kevin Conroy, the definitive voice of Batman, passed away this morning from a short stint with cancer. Didn't actually know that he was an out gay man, the only one who's ever played Batman. Guess it never really mattered to me. Perhaps I'll read his autobiography. Must've been interesting to play someone who had an alter ego that he had to hide from society.

Anywho .. this caption was from April 2015. Here's what I wrote about it then:

I was hunting for source photos to make captions with, and found a cosplay folder on a site, and viewed a few pictures of Wonder Woman. That lead to some Batman and Robin pictures, where they were obviously done by women, and were quite sexy. I thought about how people in Gotham would wonder who Batman is, and I'd think he'd have a much more elaborate disguise than a pair of glasses like Clark Kent does.

So, of course he'd HAVE to really keep the appearances of the whole "Foppish Playboy Rake" image up big-time, and at that point I thought of the ludicrous charity auction in "Batman and Robin" where they actually show up to help sell a date with models and then Poison Ivy shows up etc .. The reporters weren't like, "Ok, so every friggin' rich man is here to bid on some fine piece of ass EXCEPT for Bruce Wayne and his youthful ward, Dick Grayson? Thank god we've got Batman and his youthful sidekick here in their place! I'm sure they have nothing else to do other than hang out with the elite of the city instead of fighting the rampant crime that is being waged in our city!"

So I think that this would definitely make people think to themselves, "Bruce is very weird, and I can't imagine that some freak like THAT would be the Batman in real life! We will have to cross him off the list of possible people. I wonder if that Harvey Dent guy could be Batman? I mean, Daredevil is a blind prosecutor!"

So anyway, enjoy this fun-filled romp starring my all-time favorite character. I plan on watching the awesome Batman: The Animated Series episodes, including a guest starring Adam West as the Grey Ghost. which I consider one of the best animated shows of all time!

I used to have a Youtube link up for that episode, but it doesn't seem like there's any around now, which sucks. 


At least there's a clip of the last few minutes available. Long live Adam West and Kevin Conroy!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the bad week.

    I always figured that people sort of coupled him and his youthful ward...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona! I'm hoping that this coming week will be much better.

      I had heard the story that Aunt Harriet was added to the TV show so that people wouldn't think that Bruce and Dick were gay. But the comic books had added her a few years before as it made sense to have someone there to "keep them honest" because why wouldn't they just be Batman and Robin all the time at Stately Wayne Manor if it was just them and Alfred living there.

      Delete