Saturday, January 8, 2022

Such a Shame I Couldn't Work the Word, "Turgid" into the Caption!


I don't think I used "engorged" either! I'll never make it big in erotic fiction!


I found the picture enchanting, and knew that I could work with it; especially how the model was posed, with the chair figuring prominently. Felt like she was reading in an old book store, right near the front window that overlooked the main street of a town that had seen better days 60-80 years ago.

And if that doesn't paint some sort of story for you, I'm not sure that any writing prompt will get your imagination going. Thanks goddess that you have me to write it all down for you!

The thought was of some stuffy guy in his early 40's or so, somewhat proper and a bit uptight was sorting through the shelves of his used bookstore, maybe doing inventory, or locating a tome that had sold (finally!) on eBay. "People just don't read the classics or scholarly journals anymore!" There's not as much foot traffic coming by the shop, especially once the pandemic hit, and "this is literally the most comfortable chair to curl up with a good book ever!"

I just needed to connect the dots and bring the pages of one of his books to life, with Blake starring in it! "I can go anywhere .. Friends to know .. And ways to grow .. READING RAINBOW!" but for, you know, consenting adults!

And it's not like there hasn't been licentious literature in the past. I am sure there were a few volumes of James Joyce there stacks. Illustrated Kama Sutra or some de Sade? Voltaire?

Perhaps Blake just needed to put all that literally knowledge to use with a body that would appreciate it more. And for all we know, there could be some new business opportunities involved with the change. I mean, who WOULDN'T want to be dominated by a sexy librarian that 'binds' you (heh!) in a wondrous backroom that has that biblichor scent wafting into your nostrils as she tells you to "shusssshhh" menacingly with a ruler in her hand? Damn, why do I feel so feint all of a sudden? LOL

Originally, I had thought of making this for Kaitlyn, who often uses Blake for a male first name. Sbe isn't a fan of 'identity death' though, and wasn't quite sure if I'd created a whole new person here, or if it was a combination of the old Blake, plus the influence of the book, upon him .. so I am just going to keep it as a blog exclusive. Oh well!

Anyone else out there that love old bookstores? I know Sissy Kaaren does, but she can't be the only one, right? Tell me about a favorite experience or two you've in one of those musty bits of heaven on earth! I don't know where that book is though, perhaps Blanche doesn't want you to read it, because it's her own autobiography!


Well, it just HAD to be the song I posted, right? I'm not really a "book of love" song fan.

2 comments:

  1. As you said....I love old bookstores.....especially the little ones that you have to really dig through....and after all these years i've never found the book that would do this for me....
    I was recently in a small. used book store and I found a real gem....I'm going to put it up in a post as soon as I get the chance to finish it!!!! I'm pretty sure it's out of print but I'm sure you can find it online somewhere....
    I'm so glad my wife indulges me in my old book fetish as she does with all my other....quirks....my library is expanding beyond the bookshelves ability....but I can still push another couple of volumes in....you just have to push them in hard....and the big ones you have to push really hard....but that's just part of the joy of collecting!!!!
    Loved the cap Dee....it stirred my literary loins!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just knew that you would have a few words to submit here on this caption!

      And you and Mrs. K have a wonderful relationship, and are so supportive of each other. So inspiring!

      Can't wait to see what you found. Discoveries are so exciting! You are doing a good job of teasing us all!

      Delete