Tuesday, September 21, 2021

No phone, no lights, no motor car, not a single luxury ..


.. other than hundred's of complete women's outfits! .. and the rest!


I don't think I've even done an "official" caption dealing with this pop culture phenomenon before. Seems weird that like 14 years into making TG content, that I hadn't. I'm sure I've made references to it, like maybe a preference to Mary Ann over Ginger, but it was more in passing, or here inside the blog post. I know! I am as shocked as you are!

The picture was what drove the whole idea in the first place. I immediately thought of Gilligan crossdressing in Mary Ann or Ginger's clothing, and then it came to that whole bugaboo of "how much did the Howell's and Ginger pack for a 3 hour cruise around the tropics?" From there, I just decided to pay tribute / homage to the show by referencing a few other things about the series, and wondered what would happen with the sleeping arrangements. I mean, the Professor got a hut all to himself! Gilligan obviously couldn't stay with the Skipper in that body, especially during the 1960's. So I ended up figuring a perfect way to tie up the caption in a sweet little package, just like Gilda herself!

And this should end that whole controversy about whether to choose Ginger or Mary Ann. I would definitely pick Gilda. I mean, as a female, she's still pretty ditzy, but she's always willing to please and do whatever is asked. She'd definitely be a touch notch first mate for any eligible bachelor!

Which woman out of Ginger, Mary Ann or Gilda is the one YOU want to be stranded on a desert island with? Let us know in the comment section!


Hmmmm, haven't made a caption yet for George of the Jungle yet either I think. Damn! I'm going to have to watch TV Land or something for more subject matter! LOL

8 comments:

  1. Still not as weird as the crossover Gilligan's Island did with Baywatch...

    As for who I'd want to be stranded with? I've always had a thing for Mary Ann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was a Mary Ann girl too, as she seemed much less high maintenance, and could cook too!

      Delete
  2. I liked Jeannie! Gilligan had the brunette and redhead, but I liked the blonde... and she could blink us off whenever I wanted... like I'd leave if I had her?

    Why couldn't the Professor fix the boat? Well, let's see, back home he is some geeky high school science teacher. On the island, there is the millionaire... with his wife right next to him. The Skipper and his "Little Buddy, Gilligan" ... cue "In the Navy".... and the gorgeous starlet, and the ultimate lovely girl-next-door. One or both gets lonely, they have to turn to him, the only single eligible man, two way better women than he was likely getting at home, or to each other, in which case he likely has used bamboo, palm leaves, and coconuts to make a periscope to watch.

    Why he didn't fix the boat? He wasn't tryin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm guessing that being stuck with a gorgeous farm girl and a movie star, he wasn't in a huge rush to get home to his laboratory. Plus he could write a book about being shipwrecked and all the life hacks he created while there!

      Delete
  3. I like how the producers subverted stereotypes by having the Professor be the only man on the island with a decent physique - but alas, evidently a confirmed asexual. Poor girls!

    I presume some of the clothing came from the shipwreck they found, which contained the clothing of a wealthy couple who were lost at sea in the 1920s...with hundreds of pairs of pantyhose, evidently.... o_O

    As for repairing the Minnow, they tried, and it wound up flying to pieces. Evidently, it suffered more damage than they had thought (or was more poorly maintained than the Skipper let on).

    Ugh, I watched way too many episodes of that show way too many times....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness that all the clothing were the exact sizes for the people stranded there! They were quite lucky for people stranded on a deserted isle! Then again, I think they had more different humans land on the island than I've had in my apartment in the last 2 years, so maybe I'm the isolated one!

      I know about them trying to fix the boat, but it's more fun to question why they couldn't fix it. I still maintain with all the other things that they made / improvised .. they could have built an actual boat instead of those hut rafts they tried a few times.

      Fun fact .. Thurston Howell the IV was played by the guy who hosted Supermarket Sweeps for like 20 years!

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. Personally I liked Maryann but I would have loved Ginger's lingerie....the ideal scenario would be Lovey spanking me as a naughty girl while I'm wearing Ginger's panties and kissing Maryann's ass....
    And maybe the professor being the first in line to make me feel like a real woman....
    Not that I've thought about it too much....
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, what you are saying is that the Skipper and Gilligan were lovers? Hmmm, I think that is what you are implying!

      Somehow I KNEW you'd chime in at some point about this caption1

      Delete