Monday, June 21, 2021

What Really Makes Me Tick?!?

A bit of self-discovery and quiet reflection often does the trick, doesn't it?

Thanks to everyone who commented on my 2,000th post. There's still time to leave well-wishes there if you haven't already. I am truly pleased that I've been able to keep this blog up and running for such a long time now, considering I had started it mostly on a lark, as Jennifer said I should, since I liked talking about the process of making captions, the behind-the-scenes thoughts, and anything else that was on my mind when I made TG captions. It's been so much fun, and I've made so many good friends. 

This caption is about soul-searching and dealing with whatever comes your way. I think we might all be in that process as we finally start to make our way out of the pandemic fog and start to establish our "new normal" .. for most of us, it was a transformational period with many adjustments to our lives. It's very true for me, and I'm sure most of you as well. Not sure that too many people are in the same position they were 15+ months ago.

So I saw this picture and thought it was taking that idea quite literally. And why wouldn't you if something like this had happened in real life? I've been boiling down most of my life into things that are essential and non-essential, then figuring what I can live without, and which are luxuries I can afford and keep me sane. I've already cut my cable / phone bills in half by just getting local channels and killing off my digital home phone, just keeping my cell phone .. but also increasing my internet speed, which doubled with only 15 dollars more than what I was paying before. Dropped a few other subscriptions, and went in with my best friend in getting a Sam's Club / BJ's warehouse membership.

Now, I'm working on getting through most of my clutter, along with starting to finally go through all my deceased GF's things, seeing what to donate, what to share with other family members, what to keep, and perhaps sell some of her belongings to buy something special for myself, along with donating a portion to a no-kill animal shelter she did volunteer work for when she was alive.

Maybe some of you are also working your way through things like this. If you are, I'd love to hear some ideas of how you are dealing with it, methodology and emotionally. There's no wrong answers, but suggestions are very welcome here! And why not talk about the caption too if you are so inclined!

Honestly, talk to me down below. I need distractions from Amazon Prime Days! If it was organizational things I was buying, or tempted to buy, it wouldn't be so bad!


Something almost brand new, yet quite timeless. Mariane Faithfull and Warren Ellis (longtime collaborator with Nick Cave) recording a music / poetry made by Romantic Era poets. You can thank me later for your somber souls rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment