Friday, May 21, 2021

Yes, Your Wife IS a Model, But What Actually Does She DO?


It's time to get meta! Lacy and Caitlyn and Dee .. OH MY!


This is a bit of a strange one, so please do read it first. I really like it a lot, and my only regret is that I couldn't have found a bitter picture that was less cloudy / wonky. It went pretty meta, and then went back around to being an actual caption again, at least from what I can tell. Maybe you, the readers, have more clarity on this than I do? 

Here's my thought process, now that you have read the caption already. I actually used spoiler markers around this on the Haven, so it wouldn't taint anyone's pre-reading of it.

I was drifting through some galleries online, and when i saw this, I immediately thought of the animals on the Flintstones working, with one of ladies saying, "It's a living!" which lead me to the whole 'actresses are starring in all our caption creations' meta take. From there, I figured out a way to turn it around where Lacy not only get 'a caption about her' where she can use her imagination as to what it would have entailed, but also an ending where she once again end up in that same position! She almost gets TWO caption inspiring fantasies wrapped into one! BONUS!

And it was so much fun for me to make as well, since I like doing meta-captions, AND I got to make one where I'm making a fantasy caption inside the real caption. It's like Inception, except I'm not dreaming at the moment .. or am I? Honestly, I don't know. Never watched the movie.

So I am STILL sick, and took the entire week off from work, other than doing the main responsibilities here at home. Starting to feel better though, hence me actually captioning! Luckily, I got sick during the huge pollen uprising of the last week here in New England, so it's not a total loss/loss for me!

So, I think everyone followed today's caption right? Let me know what you thought about it in the comments, and I want to hear everyone's opinions on Meta Captions. Do you like them? Hate them? Somewhere in between? In moderation? Vent down below! Also, check out the caption from Wednesday if you haven't already!


12 comments:

  1. Love the caption, Dee! It takes just the right twist at the end to take it form meta to anticipation!

    Sorry you’ve been sick. Jeez, a week? I’m not sure I’d be satisfied without a COVID-19 test. But then again, I have to get tested each week so I feel safer knowing the results any time I get a bit of sore throat or a rando cough.

    Now, meta captions. I feel like they’re the exotic spice of the capping world. Most won’t like them, they can be hard to understand, and they can actually be a turn off. BUT, if you like them, you crave them and want more and more of them. I’ve seen some meta captions that I just didn’t understand, but it’s because they were made for a group of people that I didn’t flow with so I didn’t get but a few of the references. I still enjoyed it, however, because I felt I was getting a peek behind the curtain. (Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did a Covid test when I was at the ER on Monday, and came back negative. Also negative for strep. I just went back to another doctor on Friday, and they think perhaps it's a sinus/ear/throat infection so maybe I'll start some anti-biotics over the weekend.

      Yeah, meta-captions can be hit or miss, especially over the ether, like if someone just posted this to Pinterest or threw it up on their own blog. I figured that this one, even if they discovered it there, I gave enough context that they'd know Dee = pop culture weird, Caitlyn = kinky, dirty, elegant, and Lacy = vintage lingerie .. so the "back-story" was there. Thanks for your two cents! I appreciate it!

      And yes, it can seem like a peek behind the curtain!

      Delete
  2. Glad you're feeling better, Dee!

    As for the caption: a lot depends on understanding the meta, I feel, in that it's a little like an in-joke. That said, I feel your audience knows most of the captioneers you reference reasonably well and, to boot, probably have a bit of a handle on the preferences of those lovely people too - so I think the meta-in-joke is understood well. And, once you pass that threshold, it's a caption that works on an anticipatory and cerebral level as well - I once read that the brain is the biggest and most effective erogenous zone in the human body and this serves that adage well - after all, our imaginations can come up with things that are essentially impossible in the caption medium.

    Okay, now *I'm* over-analysing! It was a fun caption for your audience, I feel!

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems in over-analysing! So many people on the spectrum that also like TG captions / fiction / real-life dressing, that I don't think it's ever been an issue in the community!

      As I mentioned above, I thought that this one gave out enough back-story that even people who didn't know Caitlyn, Lacy or I could understand it, and yet STILL make it meta. It's a much finer line when just posting a random meta caption to a random blog or picture site .. but it was a trading caption posted on MY blog, so I like to think that most people get the context.

      Glad you are back and commenting more!

      Delete
    2. I ought to know better! Of *course* you thought it all through and ensured that anyone unfamiliar with the meta would still find a way in!

      It is good to be back! Let's hope I can keep it going!

      Delete
  3. Happy to read you are feeling better Dee!
    Liked the caption and like others, prefer less nudity and lots of
    lingerie, dresses, skirts etc. for the imagination! Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO, your preferences align well with Lacy's! That's great! Have to keep that in mind, and you should do a search on "Lacy" to find all the ones I've done for her .. at least 20 that I can recall!

      Delete
    2. Dee,
      where do I find the ones you did on Lacy?
      Thanks, Zoe

      Delete
    3. There is a "SEARCH THIS BLOG" spot in the right hand column, just below the bloggers section. In that spot, type in Lacy, and it should pull up a bunch of captions I made for her. I just did it, and got 71 Posts where she's mentioned. That should help!

      Delete
    4. Found it and thanks! Started reading and really like Lacy drinks a potion. If it could only be that easy...Zoe

      Delete
  4. Very glad to see you’re feeling better. Love the caption and the lingerie albeit simple just hits the spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes! Glad you liked the caption too!

      Delete