Sunday, May 23, 2021

Jessica Fletcher Wouldn't Have Solved This Crime!


Not even Simon and Simon could have figured out this murder mystery from the mind of Dee!


Well, that is why I had to parody another detective AND add magical mystery powers to make sure that Scotland Yard always gets their man (or whoever happened to be the culprit!)

Made this caption back in January, without a specific person in mind (someone older though) and then promptly forgot about it. This morning, I was trying to figure out what I should writeup for the blog tonight, and then said, "I swear I have a caption or two I skipped over from the beginning of the year, adn then went through the d'archives and was like, "Mystery solved!"

One thing I do like about it is that the detective realizes that he won't necessarily be able to bring much justice in solving the "crime" in general, but the outcome he decides upon will stop any future crime, and that is good enough to wrap things up in a tidy bundle as best he can.

Just a bit of fun that was created when the background gave me the story idea of the whole murder mystery genre reveal. The only confusing bits might be that there are a LOT of people talking, so here's the guide, and spoilers alert, so hopefully you've already read it?

Hulmes - white dialog, Whetson - blue dialog, "Bernie as Brianna" - yellow, "Brianna as Brianna" - pink

Hope that helps! 

Looks like I'll catch up with you all on Tuesday. Have a 4 day weekend coming up, so I am going to try to get a few captions ahead so I can have some fun AND make sure you get a dose of Dee now and again. I don't want you all wandering too far off the reservation! I have plans for you all!

Leave comments below. Any other ideas on how to make a TG mystery tale? Love to hear about them, so give us a synopsis, or write up your own. I'm also running an AMA (ask me anything) so leave me some questions, and I'll try to answer them as truthfully as I can without divulging my personal info.


Meme of the week in my opinion!


Classic song that doesn't get nearly enough airplay.

6 comments:

  1. And he'd have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their dumb dog! (Actually now that I mention it, there was a bit of a TG twist reveal in the second live action Scooby-Doo movie, wasn't there?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure there was at least ONE TG thing involved with Scooby-Doo, but I cannot recall it at the moment! Must've had too many scooby snacks!

      Delete
  2. A girl from Haven Academy uncertain on her heels? Are their standards slipping? That is like an illiterate from Harvard....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was DEFINITELY a clue as to how fake she was .. a bit of a red herring so to speak!

      Delete
  3. Now I have the "Murder She Wrote" theme tune in my head. That *is* a magic power. And an evil one at that.

    Personally, I think your mask meme is on point, just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I was able to infest that into your head!

      Delete