Wednesday, March 17, 2021

The Absolute Luck of the Irish!


Everyone is Irish, even if for only one night!


Well, wanted to have something posted this evening, and I was looking at a few of my favorite amateur models online, and I found Alaya from Southern Charms with those wonderful shoes, and figured that I could whip something up in the spirit of slight debauchery!

Once again, with these off-the-cuff caption blog exclusives, there's not a whole lot of subtext to them, but they still jiggle your imagination a bit. and the reason for the title revolves around the fact that I was able to finally snag an appointment for my first Covid shot. Going this Friday after work. Persistence pays off .. and a comorbidity that moved me up beyond my actual age group. So happy I work in another state that runs their vaccine program better than my home state, and that I was eligible there.

So, I'll have the 2nd shot in a few weeks, then the 14 days 'stay safe' mode, then I will stay in that safe mode for the time being, even though, "I am protected". Doesn't mean I can't give it to someone else, but more of a piece of mind that I probably wouldn't die if I somehow caught the plague.

Back to captioning .. at some point I might get a bit ahead of captions being posted the same night that I am making them. Just been a busy month plus, which should end at the middle of April, goddess willing! Not sure why I keep taking on some extra work at tax time every year! Oh yeah. Money! And of course, helping friends and family, that too!

So, let's talk about this blog exclusive in the comment section, or tell us of a rowdy drunken escapade you had on St. Patty's Day! Also, if you want to talk about getting a vaccine shot, or awaiting one, you can certainly chat with us about it below!


Nothing like a good Cannibal Corpse song to get your St Patrick's Day fire lit brightly!

7 comments:

  1. sure and I bet she'll be lucky tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That probably goes without saying, if you looked like that!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting a vaccine appt. By sheer chance my wife and I are heading to the local Walgrens on Thursday to get our first doses and the second appt is already made....I have no idea why I'm so nervous about this...
    We both have underlying conditions that make us eligible before others in our age group...and it's the first time having a chronic condition has worked in our favor!!!
    I liked the cap very much and am picturing the poor hungover bastard feeling a soft warm body next to him and feeling a little better until he opens his eyes!!!
    I had a few Guiness pints last night and we both had more than a few servings of Jameson....but I still got up extra early today....ready to be entered by the smallest prick I've had in years....I'll probably post about it later!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing with underlying conditions or comorbidities .. that for once, it worked out for me. Otherwise, I would probably be looking at the end of April or early May for a realistic shot at ummm, getting shots!

      Glad you liked the caption .. I wondered how I was going to end it, but that resolution made me chuckle, so I went with it.

      Good luck to you and Mrs. K on receiving the vaccine .. I'm sure you both can deal with small pricks for once or twice!

      Delete
    2. Got the shot....no side effects other than a little sore where I was pierced.....see my blogs....
      Good luck today Dee....fuck this goddamned virus!!!!
      Let's be able to go out and play!!!!
      Kisses
      Kaaren

      Delete
  3. Absolutely delighted you had the vaccine. Like you neighbouring jurisdictions are ahead and I’m waiting on it. I do know some locals who have been vaccinated, so progress is being made.

    I love the caption, she sure is going to have fun. Yes of course I’d say the vast majority of people around are Irish in some way because the diaspora is a huge number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, and hopefully you will be receiving the vaccine soon as well. Looks like the stats around me are going to start letting anyone over the age of 16 be eligible by April 20 or so. Seems to be too early for that since they are still doing 60+ / 65+ or younger with comorbidities, and people still have lots of trouble getting the vaccine, but time will tell!

      Delete