Sunday, August 16, 2020

MYSTICO .. World's Worst Hypnotist!


Calls WILL be taken in the order they are received. Calls may be monitored for our amusement!


Well, I wanted to post something new, but I didn't have time to write anything up, and I am still hoping to get a few more AMA questions. I answered a good one from Totalditz in the last post, which I might elaborate even more on in a future post. Please do AMA me below in the comments.

So, this caption is originally from August of 2012! That seems like a lifetime ago! Unless you are unknown, unknown (Britney) or Terri, this probably is new to you! Here's what I said back then!

Not sure what there is to be said for this caption. because its pure fun! Sure the picture is pretty sweet, but its the pose that sells the caption and made me think about the story. I made the caption more to let Terri know I was thinking about her than trying to really push her buttons .. though she is a big fan of hypnosis.

As evidenced in the past (Robyn's Turn in the Barrel) I have no problem stealing ideas for captions from old jokes. The joke I based this caption on revolved around an answering machine for a psychologist or some sort of mental health clinic.The video below has the basics of the joke, though the person reciting it has no sense of comic timing at all!

Once I had the idea from the picture and the joke, it wasn't very hard to come up with the recording message, though I did pare it down some from what I had originally. The selections were based off old hackneyed "R-Rated Hypnotist" routines .. ie. feeling hot or cold, clucking like a chicken, removing words from someone's vocabulary, etc ... Stuff that the World's Worst Hypnotist would definitely have in his act.

There is one element of this caption that I would like to bring out, and its something I think some comedians thrive upon, and that is stunningly bad job performances. Just think about this: Somewhere there is the "World's Worst Doctor/Dentist" or "World's Worst Fireman". We like to think of people with power have control over what they do, but you know that there are those who JUST barely passed their medical exams or got their degree in Grenada or from a mail order company.

We try to put those sorts of thoughts out of our head, but when its harmless, we can't help but stop and stare. Its how William Hung and Rebecca Black became famous. People like me LOVE to watch stunningly awful movies, and who WOULDN'T go to see Throwdini .. the world's worst knife thrower .. or MYSTICO .. THE WORLD'S WORST HYPNOTIST!

Of course, since we are litigious society, he'd have to cover his bases, so the hotline to help those that have become screwed up my his inability to bring people out of his trances. I mean, maybe he's so boring he puts everyone to sleep and can't wake them?!?  I think the fact that the hotline EXISTS and is used often enough that they know WHICH things go wrong .. and that people KEEP going to his shows ... makes this so much fun to read!

So, yes. I took inspiration from William Hung and Rebecca Black, two people we probably still remember from back then, yet Flo Rida had a number one song in 2012, and I don't really remember it, apparently it's called Whistle. Hmmm, I remember "Friday" much more than his hit, so what does that say about our society?!?


6 comments:

  1. Oh, he's not the worst... if he was, that would still be a guy.... he's kinda like a pilot good enough to TAKE OFF but not so good at landings.... good enough to be dangerous, bad enough he's a danger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he's good at getting them under. Bringing them back to reality, not so much!

      Delete
    2. I love the art of putting them under. so much......

      Delete
  2. Fun caption and the comment from Fiona is exactly what I was thinking. Flo’rida and Whistle 2012, I remember it well can’t get it out of my head now. It was playing on almost continuous repeat in each beach bar on huge screens in the island resort I vacationed that year. As to Rebecca the poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in a way. I'm a really good roller skater, except when I'm trying to stop. Then I just keep going until I hit a wall. That still doesn't mean I am that good at roller skating!

      Delete
    2. Dee I’ve the same skill as you with roller skating.

      I finally got that song out of my head too

      Delete