Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Or Maybe Crepes Should Be on the Menu?


The only thing hotter than the stove .. is the former David!


I thought that this picture would make a great caption for Simplysays, and like Dr. Carol Markus in Wrath of Khan said, "Can I cook, or can't I?" And hell, it's my former husband that will be doing all the baking from now on!

And who doesn't love the idea of Wiccan's having a bake sale? I'm not sure if you are more susceptible to magical changes if you do buy some treats, or if you don't! Perhaps it's better to be on our good side, don't you think? Always better to err on the side of discretion.

And I've been cooking up a storm here, as I continue to stay away from restaurants, bars, and any and all take-out.And it's not microwavable frozen dinners either! I used to do a lot of cooking, but the GF really liked making food for everyone, so I tended to sit back and let her do it for us. Now, I'm getting a chance to redefine myself in many ways, and this is one of them, though baking cookies and pies and such are not particularly my gig. I've much more into entrees than desserts.

So how much cooking and cleaning do you do at your place? Do you have a maid's outfit (or three) that you putter around in so it makes the time fly by faster, or do you slow down because it feels so slinky and sexy to wear it?!? What's your go-to dish? Feel free to talk about the caption too, below!


6 comments:

  1. I do not have a maid's outfit. I do, however, often make a point of slipping into a skirt and heels for kitchen chores...because it is domestic? Because heels click better in the kitchen? I don't know. I just do. Sometimes it is frequent enough that when I go into the kitchen barefoot it seems the counters are too low....

    Go to is usually a pasta dish. Like baked ziti, optionally with ground beef and sausage, or pepperoni. I use more mozzarella than most, less ricotta. Good for a side, or the main. Portable, reheats well. And sometimes simple, done right, is all you need. Comfort food.

    As far as what you do... my brother, who is a good cook (though not nearly as good as he THINKS he is) says I am a better baker than he because I tend to be more analytical. He says he is better at the main course, because he is more instinctive, does more viscerally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have a lot of fun in the kitchen! Do you wear pearls too? It seems like the domestic thing to do! Love that your center of gravity is a bit off when you AREN'T wearing heels!

      Baking is definitely a scientific endeavor. There is definitely much more of a ratio aspect to the recipes, temperature control, fine detail in ingredients, etc that is involved with it. Main courses can be much more seat of the pants and instinctual as to when something is done, or need more spicing, and such like that.

      I definitely love both Mozzarella and Ricotta. My mom would use both in her lasagna, along with a brick of cream cheese. It gave it that extra UMMMPH and zest that I don't find many other people using.

      Delete
    2. I don't wear pearls... actually, I understand the classic Leave it to Beaver housewife wore them because she had a hollow at the base of her neck... and the heels were in later seasons because her TV sons were getting as tall as her.. she wanted to stay taller.

      I agree on baking. A little off... and your cookies are hockey pucks.

      Oh, you definitely use both... cooking, like so much of life, is a balancing act... the moisture of the ricotta and the texture of mozzarella... how much spice do you put in a dish.. enough to accent, but not overwhelm... etc.

      Delete
    3. I didn't realize that about Leave it to Beaver. I figured they were just trying to keep up with Donna Reed!

      Delete
  2. Hi, my name's Sally, and it's been 6 weeks since my last caption confession. LOL

    Oh, how I've missed you and your work, Dee. I'm sorry for my absence, but life and work have been keeping me busy. So glad to have a chance to check in - I even whipped up a fun caption of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will swing by sometime soon and check it out.

      And yes! You need to be around much more! I've missed you so much! If you are making big bucks now, at least buy a sexy new outfit and show off the goods to everyone, right people?!? You can wear it while catching up on all the comments you haven't made on my posts yet! Heh. I hope all is well, sweetie!

      Delete