Saturday, June 20, 2020

Staggering Around on Father's Day!


Well, at least THIS year, you can blame the stiletto heels, right?!?


Well, I thought I'd make a happier, sillier caption for Fathers Day, unlike the heavy post I put up on Friday night. Thank you to those who don't mind me getting serious from time to time. Doing that ended up influencing this caption, believe it or not.

One year for our anniversary, we spent the day in Boston, doing some sightseeing, which was good, because she wasn't from the Mass area, and I hadn't seen much of the historic sites since I would go on field trips as a child. We each chose something that one of us wanted to do .. she chose looking at old fossils and bones at one of the college museums .. I chose the Sam Adams brewery.

By the way things turned out, we hit the brewery tour first .. at 9:30 AM! She enjoyed the tour part, as she was always interested in how things are made, and the history behind things (The other Sam Adams breweries all modify their water supplies to match those in the greater Boston areas reservoirs! So LOVE that dirty water!) Anway, after the tour, they do a taste testing, which is usually the standard brew, plus 2-3 other small run beers they make throughout the year. For instance, when we went, they had a Boston Marathon beer called 26.4 which is only served along the route of the actual marathon, and is only on tap.

So, long story short, the GF doesn't drink, so I ended up with her glasses, as well as mine. They give you a 8 or 10 oz glass especially designed for drinking beer, that you get to take home with you. That means I drank approximately 48 to 60 oz of beer in about 10 minutes at 10 AM!

Of course, in Boston, you take "The T" around the city .. aka the subway, but many parts are at street level or elevated. And I am pretty sloshed by the time we get to the museum exhibit of fossils and such. I was a strong drinker, so I am pretty good at navigating my way around, but she's holding my hand anyway, because .. she knows me pretty well, and doesn't want me to embarrass her any more than I usually do. Soooooooo, the guide is pointing out some things in the dinosaur skeletal remains room, and I see an exhibit that is being set up, and there is a glass cabinet with nothing inside.

You know my sense of humor. Any idea what my quip was? If you bet on, "Hey look. It's an ancestor of the boneless chicken!" then you win, my friends! Immediately after that, I was pulled out of the museum, and had our planned picnic on the campus grounds in the grass. Well, a few of the kids in a group on a field trip thought it was quite amusing!

There we go. I brought this story full circle!

I remembered that, and thought back to how dads in my family tended to want a Fathers Day where they could just drink beer and burn animal flesh for family consumption .. just the way God intended it to be! So please enjoy this blog exclusive and comment below. And Happy Fathers Day to anyone with current or former rugrats under their supervision! You earned that day in heels and makeup!


What could be more Boston than The Dropkick Murphys singing Dirty Water? Old-time racism? Yeah, well that too, but nowadays, its The Dropkick Murphys singing Dirty Water!

9 comments:

  1. Although i do love the taste of beer my personal preference is single malt Scotch....When I was eighteen I went to Scotland for a visit with relatives and my cousins and I went on a whisky tour of Edinburgh....fantastically ancient places and 18 year old Scotch just go together so nicely....
    There were a few women on the tour as well but they all seemed to steer clear of the tasting rooms after a while....
    I'm not anyone's father but my wife likes to treat me with little gifts as if I were....
    I know you're a father and I'd like to wish you the happiest Father's Day...
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! Scotch reminds me of The Three Stooges. Find a woman that likes either, and they're probably butch lesbians! Definitely, things that appeal to men almost exclusively.

      Delete
  2. With legs like that he will not be buying himself many drinks. Let's hope it in not just his taste buds that have a new attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, unless the wife LIKES the new version of him better, I am guessing she'll be holding this over him for the rest of her life!

      Delete
  3. Good morning, Dee! Sorry for not being around much lately, but new PC for work . . . with new tracking and filtering and blocking software . . . means my (ahem) multitasking has taken a bit of a hit.

    I love this. Sweet and simple. I've never been a drinker, but I've always loved the fantasy of being the kind of woman who sips wine. It does seem like such a feminine pursuit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that. We are working on some new IT stuff at our work. Luckily, I am part of the IT acquisition team, so I'm hoping to steer clear of any of that junk, although one person is really pushing for a NAS with a server, and I'd prefer to keep using a VPN to avoid tracking and such.

      I never had a preference really, something to get my blitzed was fine, so I tended to things like Long Island Iced Teas and Mudslides. I was so cheap though, that often I'd just bring alcohol with me to bars and clubs, and just go out to the car and guzzle down drinks from a thermos I'd fill with concoctions I made at home. That or friends and I would make jello shots and consume them in the parking lot.

      Glad you liked the caption. It was fairly straightforward in my mind, and I tried my best to not go off the beaten path like I do sometimes.

      Delete
  4. oh, staggering is STILL not allowed.... SHE will need to practice. Until then, I guess Heather has two mommies? Oh, DO try to be adept by Labor Day, white heels you know....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the very least, I think he's going to behave much better than he did before. Just had a thought though. What if he spends a few weeks as a woman, and when he changes back, he still thinks and acts like a woman? Might me some interesting situations ahead for him!

      Delete
    2. acts - they may think he is gay

      Thinks - people will think he got smarter?

      Delete