Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Latest Phone Updates May Be Incompatible With Your Old Gender!


Something I had started working on months ago, and I just completed it a few minutes ago!


So hot off the stove, though it was probably in my deep freezer for quite some time! Made this for Simply Says, who has been a fairly consistent captioner through the years. Her preferences are fairly wide open, but does give some guidance as to what she prefers to receive .. which is VERY helpful to you when you want to create something they'll like. I'd prefer not to have the rug pulled out from under me fairly often, or I will stop thinking of creating something since who wants to make something in a trade that they won't enjoy? And yet, you do want flexibility .. if their prefs are so tight, they should just write their own caption that fits their narrow range of likes!

So onto the caption. It's just a "magical" change built around advanced technology. The phone can never be wrong, right? It's programmed to "fix" things, and if the data is correct, then it MUST be the used that isn't optimum. I know that iOS updates can be pretty painful  so why not lessen the stress by making it not matter to all my TG friends out there?!? "It's not a bug, it's a feature," is definitely something that Apple has integrated into the tech culture over the years. "The antenna isn't faulty .. You idiot users aren't holding it the right way!"

And if the iOS doesn't get you, the apps and their permissions will. Who's to say that you didn't GIVE implicit permission for Instaglam to change your gender and sexuality to fit their Mission Statement?


2 comments:

  1. "It's not a bug, it's a feature" totally applies in this case. I'm long overdue for a phone upgrade, so maybe I need to look for some of those new app icons.

    And you're killing it on the soundtrack again, Dee! I love that era of Alice Cooper, and that's definitely a fun tune. Have you ever listened to any Lordi? Kind of a Scandinavian throwback to 80s metal (they and Crazy Lixx are current faves of mine), but they do a fun cover.

    https://youtu.be/951JLU8933M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard of Lordi. They were known like 12 years ago or something for their World Vision Song Contest entry. Haven't kept up with them, and I am not sure how Crazy Lixx are. Just looked them up. Not bad. Are they trying to be "parody" or are doing the 80's thing legitimately. I think Steel Panther sort of do both, and probably better, but I wasn't quite sure of what vibe they were going for. Not bad though.

      I've never been part of the Apple ecosystem, so it's just usually a matter of whatever Android works well and is pretty check for prepay. I'm currently on a Galaxy A20, but I've had LG's, HTC and a few other brands as well.

      Delete