Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Won't Make the Same Mistake Again?! Ten Years Gone.


Not everything is natural in the woods. In a perfect world, it should be.


Posted this 5 years ago today by my count. Maybe I lost a day or two with leap years and such, but I thought it'd be nice to revisit this one, since it was a blog exclusive that only received one comment .. where did you go, Ian?!? We miss you! And if you didn't see this the first time, it's new to you!

Here is what I said at the time, in italics.

Something about this caption gets me in just the right spot. Not that I don't have a connection with almost all my captions, but this one felt special to me AS I writing it, and I really wanted to make sure I didn't fuck it up. I owed it to the characters to tell their story as best I could. I like the design, but wanted to make sure it didn't overpower the story and the picture, and make it a subtle blend that would tie everything together. I have resisted rewriting any of the lines, because while it could make the caption better, I wanted it to remain "in the moment" and for better or worse, I think that I caught the mood and emotions I was trying to convey with the story I had to tell.

How often do you create something that you feel deserves the best that you can do, and nothing less? I wish I could have that feeling more often, but I am loathe to put things together too meticulously, fearing that I'll lose the spirit and soul of the piece. I guess that "almost polished" would describe me and most of what I do. In my job, I have to be precise, so I wonder if that is why I don't want to over-think or sweat the details.

There could be much more dialog, and the interchanges between the two could have been more elaborate, but I want the essence of the moment to come through. I am hoping that people will want to play it through their heads a few times and read in between the lines to figure out the complete story .. and it is accessible to everyone I would think.

Still love the caption now, maybe even more so. I tried to tell the story without blathering on and on, and let the feeling take it over. And doesn't it just make sense that she came back to that spot 10 years later, and he had done the same thing, or wondered why a beautiful girl came there at that moment in time? It's so romantic .. which I can write, but don't often achieve the grace I did here.

Had this song running through my head as I wrote this caption. Figured I might as well post a vital piece of the inspiration.

An' though the course may change sometimes
Rivers always reach the sea
Blind stars of fortune, each have several rays
On the wings of maybe, down in birds of prey
Kind of makes me feel sometimes, didn't have to grow
But as the eagle leaves the nest, it's got so far to go

Changes fill my time, baby, that's alright with me
In the midst I think of you, and how it used to be

Did you ever really need somebody, And really need 'em bad
Did you ever really want somebody, The best love you ever had
Do you ever remember me, baby, did it feel so good
'Cause it was just the first time, And you knew you would

Through the eyes an' I sparkle, Senses growing keen
Taste your love along the way, See your feathers preen
Kind of makes makes me feel sometimes, Didn't have to grow
We are eagles of one nest, The nest is in our soul

Vixen in my dreams, with great surprise to me
Never thought I'd see your face the way it used to be
Oh darlin', oh darlin'

I'm never gonna leave you. I never gonna leave
Holdin' on, ten years gone
Ten years gone, holdin' on, ten years gone


I can't seem to give away a pregnancy caption! I will open it up to the Haven for anyone that wants to star in it. Not sure I will post it now here because, seriously .. no one wants to have a baby?

Please do leave a comment on this blog exclusive. Maybe I'll post a nastier caption next time to counteract the slight mushiness of this one. Or not. It's my damn blog!

8 comments:

  1. Nice sentiment and a lovely picture. Green shoes though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I wasn't about to cut off her feet, so maybe she still needs a few lessons on dressing up properly? I can't tell you how many pictures I've seen of hot women wearing horrible shoes!

      Delete
  2. My god, those legs just go on forever...I'd take those green shoes if I could look like that.
    Love, Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree with you. Maybe he'll take her shoe shopping?!?

      Delete
  3. I actually like the green-red combi she's sporting, evoking signal lights for Mark to recognize Brandon. ^^ It was pleasantly surprising to see the exchange at the very end, where Mark recognizes Brandon and acknowledges their shared past together (the special moment). Great song, too.

    Personally, I would love to have a baby, but I held back 'cuz I didn't want to jump ahead of any deserving person who might've wanted a pregnancy cap. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, neither one is Asian, so I didn't think you'd be interested. I could still put you in it though!

      Delete
    2. Aww, sis, ya know I love transformations of ALL shades and types, not exclusively Asian! ^_^ The Asian partiality of my little blog does, of course, consciously fill a special niche that seems to be a bit wanting in Western-language TG, but I do plan to keep the "(Mostly)" in the blog title to leave room for branching out.

      Would love to see what you conjure up with pregnancy captions, whether I'm in there or not. Now you're inspiring me to think I've gotta try my hand at one of those in near future too, along with more Bench captions! :D

      Hope you're well and catching some fresh spring air and maybe blue sky. The sky flurried snow for me today...weird!

      Delete
    3. We might get snow on Friday it seems.

      I added you into the caption, along with someone from the Haven, and there is a culture change possibly in the caption, just not of the Asian persuasion! Just a bit of a quickie I had whipped up right before my fiance passed.

      I'll have it up sometime in the next week or so. Maybe tonight. Who knows?

      Delete