Thursday, April 30, 2020

What Exactly Was *HE* Trying to Accomplish Anyway?


Mom's have a way of distracting you when you are looking out for revenge!


It already seems like 2020 has been 20 months already, hasn't it? May is almost here. and I whipped this caption up on Groundhog Day .. which once again, seems like another lifetime to me. In a way, it is, as I can see my life clearly defined as pre "End of March" and everything that has happened since.

But I think, even for those who haven't had reality crush down on them as impactfully as it has for me, this seems like a slow-motion slog, hasn't it? That or you are probably rushing through a careening stream of endless stuff coming at you. I don't think there is any middle ground, is there?

It feels like many visitors here are in one of those boats. Things have slowed down here too, and I'm not quite sure why, though maybe with the threat of warmer weather (not here yet, trust me!) might have people venturing out into their yards, or just perhaps spending so much time in front of a screen, they aren't "escaping" the way people used to before these "trying times".

So this caption has some of that innocence of early February sprinkled into it, before we realized how bad things were going to get, and that Lucas's main concern was just getting some slight revenge on some classmates. It sucks that many seniors are not going to be able to attend their prom, or possibly walk down the aisle and collect their diplomas with their classmates and families looking on.

For those of you at home with teenagers, make sure you cut them some slack, as they are dealing with something that no other generation in 100 years has dealt with. Hell, unless you have a relative that is older than 102, then no one was really prepared for this scope of "AARRGGHH" and the uncertainty is getting to everyone.  Living in one of the current hot-spots has shown me that things like this bring out both the good, and the bad, of society. Let's figure out ways to celebrate the small things that make our existence a pleasure, and just be extra nice to others. You never know what a bit of kindness can do for someone's entire outlook.

I am now living alone, and have some contact with other loved ones, but it was so nice to just chat with some strangers for a few moments in a store today. One lady was buying some things to spruce up her daughter's room .. it was her birthday, and she couldn't be with her friends, so they are redecorating the daughter's room. That made me smile beneath the cloth face mask that covered the surgical face mask I wore. I was happy to be able to find 4 rolls of toilet paper for my daughter, and 2 frozen pizzas for myself! It was an off-brand, but it was still a treat that I'll finish off for breakfast!

And once again, PLEASE tell those you love how you feel. Don't be angry or short with them, and give them lots of hugs and kisses. Every night we said "I love you" and "I love you too" and whenever we would part, also say, "I love you, be safe!" because you never know what is going to happen in this world. I am so glad that that was the last thing we heard from each other, and it's comforting that we never let an unkind word be something that echoed through our minds .. after it is all said and done, and something that you cannot take back, ever.

I love each and every one of you! Please be safe, and take care of your loved ones AND complete strangers too. Let your light shine for all to see!


4 comments:

  1. Good morning, hon! Sorry for not being around this week - I was busy writing (for the first time in ages). I saw an open call for an anthology on Sunday and the whole story just popped into my head so I wrote it, got some feedback from friends, polished it, and submitted it last night (just under the deadline). It's kinky but realistically transgender. As if this year weren't dragging on long enough, I have to wait until August to hear if its accepted! Ugh.

    Enough about me. I love captions of moms happily turning their sons into girls (probably because it flips my experience of moms losing their shit over boys who want to be girls), so this one made me smile. So many little things like the new/only dress imbue it with so much significance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to get some writing done, though that does seem like a long time to figure out if you were even accepted!

      It is nice to have a happy mom/auntie story out there even now and then. The evil auntie is a great trope, but in this case, I think the motivation is to have him find himself, and she probably knew what more than he did what exactly his future was going to become.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a great plan to me!

    ReplyDelete