Sunday, March 1, 2020

Not Lying Isn't Always Telling the Truth!


Well, maybe it's a sin of omission? Or perhaps we should go with Obi Wan Kenobi's version?


"So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view. Luke, you’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

I am not implying that Ron is lying at all, but perhaps isn't keeping things closer to the vest. I like that his wife isn't quite buying it either. But I think that everything is the truth as he is saying it. And I love that it's written as they are both coming to a sort of understanding during the conversation itself.

And it was an interesting caption to write, as I started it about a two weeks before I finished it. I liked the picture, and decided to write it on the fly, without a specific plot in mind, other than it was going to be for Lacy. After the second line of wife's dialog, I ended up stopping. I think it was a combination of people coming home soon and a lack of direction where to go next, but I figured the best thing to do would be to try and finish it up again another time. I can have a rough time with titles, so I just saved the file as "Jazzhands".

I went back yesterday to finish up a few captions that I had left in pieces (one for Karen in particular, which I'll post in the next week or so) and pulled this one up again. I picked up and just kept the interrogation up, and got descriptive, but in how everything felt, and how he was justifying everything he did to her .. and himself. The moment he became self-aware and had that epiphany towards the end, that maybe he wanted to look like a woman much more than he was letting on.

Great! No how to end the damn thing in a nice little one-panel bow?!? Oh shit! The jazz hands. Well, just because everything looks female, doesn't mean that it is ALL female. She gets to the core of her issue, and he is there to reassure his wife that while things can be different, some things won't ever change. I'd like to think that that is true as well, but "humans are gonna human!" For what I wrote, that is the reality I wrote in my mind, but you results may vary. I would maintain that no matter what else, there will be an intimacy between the two that will get stronger no matter what happens. Maybe that is the dreamer in me.

It does beg the question though, of how marital relationships end up when the TG or sissy nature of the husband come out into the open. I would think that WHEN it is all exposed probably helps for the couple to come to terms with it. Like if it's known before the marriage and incorporated into their lives right away verse 10 years into their "bliss" the discovery is made. How does it all change, and is  both people "on board" for it all as the marriage evolves. And that is just the stuff between the husband and wife, never mind family members, children, friends, employment opportunities and anything else that can impact the vanilla world outside the home. It's a heavy thought indeed,and not one easily remedied in a single caption.

Nothing like a Sunday night posting to get the brain working hard to process some deep thoughts!

Design wise, there is nothing glaring here to point out. Perhaps the text background is tied into the dress colors, along with dialog, though the shades are different for maximum legibility. Also the entire reason this caption exists is because of the pose with her hands, and the lack of much cleavage, which gave gives a much more plausible story of this being her husband dressed up, plus it isn't the most ladylike pose, also confirming the plot contained to the left of the photo .. of him trying to both be looking like a woman, but still posed like he was still her husband. I liked the juxtaposition and thought it worked well.

Posted 3 nights in a row! Not sure you'll get something tomorrow night unless I'm really motivated. Looking at maybe a post on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, perhaps? We shall see. Please do comment below on the caption and/or the quandaries that I brought up too. Maybe you've gone through that personally, or confirm that it's a reason why you haven't brought up anything TG related to your significant other. I would guess that could be one of the hardest things to do.


Who doesn't love a really good "Bad Lip Reading"? I totally suggest looking up "Seagulls (Stop It Now)" on Youtube. What the hell! Here it is without you having to go there. Don't say I never do anything for you people!


You will have that song stuck in your head for DAYS!

7 comments:

  1. Ron may lie, (well, a little white lie ;), but he is right to do so! I like the juxtaposed little stool he is sitting on, plus the un-ladylike pose! Great composition, Dee! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just sent you an email, Dee. I don't know if I got the address right or if it went through, but I hope that it did.

      Delete
    2. I will look for it now, though I'm heading off to bed soon. Might reply to you tomorrow.

      Delete
    3. keke, i understand. a working girl is a tired girl. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Regarding your question.....I tried to keep my desires secret from the girls/women I dated and it always came out later and always ruined it...not the dressing....it was keeping the secret from them that bothered them....
    My wife has known about me from the very first day we met....I'll grant that not every woman will be as accepting as she was but I think keeping secrets is the wrong way to go if you're looking for a real relationship....
    Just my thoughts on it....
    AS for the cap I was good up until the end then you kind of lost me....I've re-read it a couple of times but I still don't get it....
    "But you do now look like a girl!"
    "How am I supposed to deal with you...when I married a woman!"
    So he was a woman when she married him?
    What am I missing here?
    I really like the pic and the buildup....but the payoff left me scratching my head...
    But I loved it anyway....
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last two lines were her pretty much saying, "you look so much like a woman, that you are now a woman." Like there was no way to put the cart back in the barn. "how can I deal. I am now married to a woman!" It was a bit of shorthand due to space but also trying to write how people converse. I can see how you might have read it, though that definitely does give it a different spin.

      And yes. Trust is the number one thing. I would think that communication would be second on that list.

      Delete
  3. Fun cap.

    I didn't know about BLR, but it's hilarious

    ReplyDelete