Friday, February 28, 2020

There Is No *I* in Style! But There's More Than two Eyes on Fashionistas!


Elise is back on the Haven, and looking as fashionable as possible whilst returning to us!


I've missed Elise for a long time now, and I even found the comment I left on her blog about 5 years ago to prove it! She had some personal issues that she was going through, and has come out the other side now, and apparently is doing much better than back then. It thrills me to know that we do get people to come back after they have vanished. I'd so love to have many of my TG buddies around again, though I know it could be awkward at first. But it also makes me appreciate those that have been with me for the long haul, and those who I've only recently met.

It's another one of those captions where you shouldn't think about the backstory too hard .. officially. The last caption was great because I found versions of the plot that hadn't even crossed my mind! The important crux of it all is the conversation.

And her is Elise's response:

I absolutely LOVE this!! And I could think of no better cap for my return! 
I was actually having a similar conversation with myself recently (yes, I do that too often...) about feminine fashion. I was trying to figure out how I would label, in a word or 2, my feminine style, and I realized how great it is as a woman to have such a huge variety of looks in clothing, accessories, makeup, etc to portray who we are or how we're feeling at any particular moment without even saying anything. And poor men...their clothes are so boring! But at least a well-dressed man is a treat for a woman's eye;) 
Anyway, I totally got distracted by fashion as I usually do....so again, a HUGE thank you for this gift!

And her point is well taken. How often do guys get dressed up frivolously, without a whim, flaunting their masculine wiles without looking stupid or meat-headed. Can you think of anything as needlessly un-functional as that jacket, that a guy would wear that wasn't a costume? If you've got something, please let me know down below because I'm blanking big time.

As for the weekend, we have the results of the "Writing Challenge" that I offered back on Valentine's Day I think. Right at the moment of me conjuring up this post, I have received two captions. There is still time to get something to me at Dem@enti@a.not@meyou@gm@ail.co@m as long as you remove all the @ symbols. I will be writing up THAT post when I am done with this one, but can certainly add any entries that arrive afterwards. Also should have a Karen caption if/when I finish writing it. Stalled about halfway through!

Enjoy February 29th, and make sure you GO TAKE A FLYING LEAP, YA BASTARDS!


I know this video came before "Legs" but when I first saw it, I was HOPE, HOPE, HOPING that the girls were going to throw him out of the car all dressed up in slut wear, heels and large hair! THAT was the sort of makeover they should have been giving him!

11 comments:

  1. Yes Dee....mens clothes are generally boring as hell....
    Suit and tie....so dull, so dull....
    My wife tells me that a good looking man in a tux get's her all wet and horny....
    I don't see it....
    Let me take those tux pants down and find pretty pink pantie, garters and stockings....now I'm interested!!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, what the hell is a cummerbund for? Does it actually do anything?

      I look horrible dressed up. I really look my best when I'm wearing very casual attire, like khaki shorts and a henley with doc martens or chuck taylors .. or biker gear. Luckily I've been able to get through most of my adulthood without having to wear a dress shirt or tie. I own 3 ties, but they are all zipper ties, and I haven't worn any of them since ummmmm, 2006?

      I'd like to think that at every wedding or funeral I've ever been to, that at least 5 of the women, and two of the men, are wearing garters and stocking underneath their clothing! It really lifts your spirits if you aren't in a good mood, trust me on that!

      Delete
    2. Hi Kaaren.
      Finding panties and stockings under tuxedo pants would be almost as irresistible as when I get to wear an outfit like that myself!

      While I don't consider myself a sissy, I do enjoy spending time in your fabulous blogs. And I want you to know that I've more than once gotten so wrapped up in the seduction of your posts that I've been able to have tucked and hands-free orgasms! It's a mind-blowing experience and the height of sexual release - unlike anything I thought possible!!
      Merci! Elise

      Delete
    3. Cummerband! Bahahahaha!! WTF are those things even for?? I WISH women wore stockings to a wedding - or anywhere else for that matter! It's sad that I walk around my office each week and realize that there I wear hose more often in one week under my pants than the total of all the women I work with do in several weeks:( And that's why I dream of being a hosiery model - to be able to get paid to wear hose and inspire other women to do the same. Maybe someday...

      Delete
  2. So much to love in such a short caption. First of all, that outfit is to die for! Sexy and sensual, with more than a touch of kink, and perhaps even a bit of power. It's that odd mix of design and material that could fit a Domme or a sub, depending on how they choose to wear it.

    And I love the fashionista class. I could totally use some training in that, with a cosmetology class once I'm done. When you need a bit of extra effort to be pretty, a bit of extra learning is just smart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I will totally get you a caption this morning for the Writing Challenge! Please don't leave me out, Miss Dee. I promise not to be so tardy next time . . . but, well, it's just you punish so very well! ;)

      Delete
    2. I received the caption, and it's in the posting that will go up sometime soon, maybe tonight. Remind me to paint your nails black next time as a reminder not to cross me again! If not, there'll be itching powder in your chastity cage!

      And the jacket was the whole reason why I knew I needed to caption it. It's just sooooo pointless as a jacket, and soooooo damn cool to look at!

      Delete
  3. Love the cap Dee! The difference in men’s and women’s fashion can really come into focus in ‘business casual’. Men have the slacks/shirt/tie combo and that’s about it. You can add a sweater in the winter, maybe a vest if you want to be fashion forward or throw on a sport jacket later… but that’s about it. Women have all manner of different fashion forward ways to express themselves. Even just the differences in skirts, from nearly ankle length, to calf, to knee, to just above the knee. All professional, but all saying something different. Then add in all the blouse types, slacks, jackets, jewelry and accessories…. Yeah, women just have it better and that alone might make a good reason for staying femme after passing the class!

    You know, speaking of fashion and business casual, I try to throw as much fashion into it at work as I can. And most of my ideas come from thinking around femme fashion. Ever since getting into the management side and going to the slacks/shirt/tie combos, I made sure the ensemble matched up. I’d start with fashionable colors for the shirts. No whites. No pale blues or pastels at all. Big, bold, bright red and blue were long held up as my interview shirts. I then bought socks that matched the shirts, so between my standard brown shoes and brown pants you’d have bright red/pink or blue socks. Then I’d put a tie on that matches and contrasts with the shirt. Red and tan with hints of blue for the red shirt. Blue and silver with hints of purple for the blue shirts (matched with black pants).

    Now when I got the job and had to wear that all the time, I took it even further. Dark eye-catching purple shirts, bright bold yellow, almost-neon orange, bold green. All matched up with regular black or tan pants, brown or black shoes, and bright socks to peek out. I constantly get compliments from both men and women on the clothes, even those wearing the pastel blues and lavenders or white shirts with a solid tie. And my final fight against standard male bland fashion is my coat. I have a nice warm grey pea-coat style jacket from London Fog that would look perfect on almost any executive. BUT I always match it up with a colorful scarf. If anybody took the time to understand scarfs and the differences between men’s and women’s scarfs, they’d realize I’m wearing a woman’s scarf every day in winter. BUT because it has the University of Michigan logo on it, I get away with another fashion statement that most men aren’t willing to pull off. It’s not much in the grand scheme of things, but I like that getting comfortable with my femme side has led me to this and that it goes under everybody’s radar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky Calvin! I wear lots of crimson and purple when I'm not wearing black, because those colors look good on me, but with my Henry Rollins neck, I look horrible in collars (and feel horrible in them too!) so I mostly do pullovers, t shirts and henleys.

      And I tend to be different with my footwear. I have a ton of Chuck Taylor Converse so I'll mix and match to go with whatever else I'm wearing. At one of my old jobs, people knew I was coming when they saw the red sneakers peeking out from the cubicles when I walking down the corridors.

      Delete
  4. Dearest Dee!
    Thanks (again) for this fabulous cap. But more importantly, thank you for the warm welcome back to the community. As you fully know, those of us who explore our genders often experience rollercoasters of emotions - travelling from contentment and happiness with our gender-bending lifestyle to the lows of purging all our alt clothes and questioning our place in the world. As they say "it takes a village" and communities like The Haven that are filled with wonderful and caring women like you, who listen and dream and laugh with us, and offer (virtual) hugs and more, smooth out the bumps in the road:)

    Thank you for being a friend!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete