Tuesday, January 21, 2020

The Store Manager, The Lingerie Salesman, and His Wife


That's a lot of hosiery there on the couch! How many pairs of legs does Lacy have?


Well, at least there's plenty enough of them to go around for everyone! Hopefully Lacy will share them with the rest of the class!

I had no idea what to call this caption, so I just gave a list of some of the people that starred in it. Think it worked well enough, sounding like some European Sex Farce Comedy of the 1980's.

I am not sure if I overwrote the whole thing, but I am not going to get overwrought with anguish about it. Occasionally I am allowed to "tell, not show" I think, rather than the usual reverse I usually employ. Speaking of employing, this is a much better ending than the way it might have terminated otherwise .. so she'll need to thank her wife AND Madame Mentia!

 But yeah, typing out the motivations and thoughts of three people in a single panel caption .. and then moving along to get the plot in gear, until we finally get to the resolution, makes me wonder if it'd have been a better short story. Then I say to myself, when are you ever going to write a short story? You have un-diagnosed ADHD / ADD and you've been saying you were going to do something for years now. Hence, here's a one panel caption with a ton of exposition in it!

And is there even a demand for Mentia TG short fiction? How short do you want it? A book of drabbles? Not sure there is much to most of my work that someone would say, "Damn, if only Dee has stretched this out by 5k words!"

Anyway, after posting the original, I looked at it again and thought that the person who uploaded it might have squeezed it smaller to make the model look thinner .. so I stretched it out a bit so that it looks more normal. Here is the original.


So, what sayeth you? Did I need to put the caption on a rack? Or was her rack good enough?!?

Feel free to answer ANY of the questions pondered her in this posting below in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. When I saw the title I almost expected a cameo of Aslan, but it works great for this cap.

    I've had a friend who worked in a lingerie store, and a few times when she had to work late and I had the evening shift I picked her up, so she wouldn't have to bike home on her own. sometimes I waited in the back of the store until she was finished. Me alone between all that lovely lingerie, yeah I know the urge you describe for Lacy in your cap. I never took anything, because of the thought that she might lose her job over it, but if I would have been sure there would be no consequences I'm not sure what I would have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that was very tempting! You never told your friend of your proclivities at all? Not even joking? She might have been able to hook you up!

      Delete