Friday, January 31, 2020

It's Also Called the Sin Bin (In Case You Were Wondering!)


A callback caption over 12 years in the making! Well, maybe it's distant cousin?


Made this caption for Brittany, and it hearkens back to a caption I created for Robyn back in 2008. That was probably within the first 10 or so that I had ever made. After I wrote this one, I looked it up, and even made almost the same reference to "the five hole" in another hockey caption, which for those who don't follow the graceful brutal nature of Canada's national sport (Curling is FUN though!) the five hole is the spot between a goalies legs that shooters will try to score a goal upon. The other holes, Dee? You may be asking?


So now all the sissies out there can't say you don't know anything about hockey!

Anyway, I used some Canadian stereotypes. They're too nice to complain too much though. That isn't a Canadian myth, is it? Maybe I can have a few Hab Hotties wrestle me in maple syrup! It's not my fault that everything I know about Canada I learned from Bob and Doug McKensie! And I've made quite a few Canadian captions going way back! You can find more by clicking the "Canadian" keyword in the DEE-TAILS & ENTRAILS section in the right column. This will be the 14th!!!

And for those who don't know, back in the day before social media, virgins and geeks would often say that they had a Canadian girlfriend that explained why they weren't dating anyone in the area .. well at least that was what they said in movies and TV shows. And we all know THAT's real life!

Of course, I have lots of REAL Canadian girlfriends that visit my blog all the time. And they are the sexiest, sluttiest girls I know! I know what side my bread is buttered .. and topped with Canadian bacon! Mmmm, back bacon! Take off, you hosers!


This was my second exposure to Geddy Lee. The first was Kerry Von Erich, the wrestler, who came out to Tom Sawyer by Rush, which is still a bit of an acquired taste for me. I never really graduated from anything beyond their greatest hits. This song is still a beauty, eh?

12 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see a feminine pair of bare legs leading up into a sports jersey! Yeah, I like the idea of this happening to the friend and the friend not complaining. Other reactions are exciting in their own ways too! Well thought-out cap!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture was posted to Southern Charms within the last week. I saw it in their previews and knew right away that I could do something with it, so I captioned it right away.

      I didn't think out the complete story too much, but the friend isn't complaining too much because most people do want to help out their friends, and a bet IS a bet. Also, I wonder if the friend that won isn't quite gay, but in love with the other, and this might be a way to make it happen for both. Perhaps the Canadian girlfriend 'moves' back down to the states!

      Delete
    2. Also, there's just something intriguing about a girl who used to be a guy!?! I think that's part of it!!! Also, I think almost all of us who are into this kind of literature imagine the guys wanting to try their feminized selves out. Take the new 'reality'/identity for a spin.

      Delete
  2. Oh, you forgot about the synergy of the magical hockey jersey - Brittany has to stick around thru 3 periods.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh! I wasn't sure if I had used that in another of my hockey captions (the link is above) and I wasn't sure I wanted to trap the friend unless she wanted to stay that way (and he's hoping she'll enjoy being a girl over that weekend.)

      And I wonder if that would tie into the "pregnancy makes you stuck" trope we see often. If she gets pregnant, that would delay the spell being broken, right? So many ways to write a TG caption, eh?

      Delete
    2. It's obvious enough it could well have been made.... but I do not see it. Of course, I have some memory of a remark like "(Miroslav) Satan made you do it" and that would have had to be triggered by a hockey sweater I don't see that either...

      Delete
    3. The Satan jersey caption is in there, though I was "subtle" about mentioning it in the actual caption. I think it's the last caption in that blog post. And checking back through the D'Arkhives, I haven't use the three periods .. yet!

      Delete
  3. Take off, eh? I can see her taking on plenty of hosers, and I'm sure she knows how to handle a stick! OMG, I love when you do hockey puns . . . we're actually heading to the Sabres game today (yeah, not Canadian, but a closer drive than the Leafs!) so I'll be thinking of ways to get in trouble all day.

    Oh, and after a new years dry spell, I finally posted a new caption today. Yah for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you are an honorary Canadian?!? I'll still think of you one anyway, because you are usually so nice and pleasant and docile!

      Buffalo and Toronto are quite close together (The Bills played a few home games in Toronto for a few years) so to me it seems like "six of one, a half dozen of the other" in terms of location!

      And my hockey puns? I've used so many, I think I'm skating on thin ice.

      Delete
  4. The reaction of bewilderment from the transformee is natural. The references to hockey, to the sport and the Canadian culture that goes behind it, cement it powerfully. I happen to currently live in the Northeastern U.S., which puts me solidly into being in a cultural province of Canada (with poutine and a' that), no matter how chauvinistic some Americans might get about calling Canada the "51st state of the Union." Canada deserves a lot more respect and appreciation as a neighbor to the U.S., in fact, for it is a sovereign nation with its own rights, culture, and goals, and Canada is a realistic model for some of the things that America could become someday (when we are more enlightened). Ugh, I hate American chauvinism and fight against it whenever I can. One thing that ties us together as people, however, is freedom and the ability to express kinkiness, and I think your caption takes the cake. The "discount" and the five-hole reference to get a "shot" in between a goalie's legs takes the cake! (Do Canadian hockey players even eat cake after the game, after gracefully and brutally putting in their goals?) You may think and say that you are skating on thin ice, Dee, but that's why I love your creativity: it takes a special kind of girl with more & in fact better balls to create things that alight others' imaginations, which is what you do. ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are in the area sweetie! I'm in the lower part of New England, and my ancestors were from Canada, so I know much of the French Canadian ways, including the lack of plural words LOL There was nothing better than a piece of toast smeared with gorton, aka spreadable, fatty cold meat after playing some shinny on the swamp (back before the end of January was 50+ degrees outside!)

      And I do think most of America is poking fun of Canada lightly, because it seems like such a positive place with a sunny disposition, well other than Rob Ford and that weird situation a few years ago. Trust me, if I ever go on vacation, which I never do, but if I go to a foreign country, I'm definitely wearing maple leafs on every single piece of my clothes and adding "eh?" to the end of most of my sentences.

      And I'll poke fun at just about anything, which sometimes gets me in trouble big time. Thanks for the compliments, sweetie!

      Delete
    2. Pure fat on toast, bread, heck...on anything is delicious! I had a teacher in high school Health class who said, and I quote, "Fat is what gives it the taste!"

      In today's America, not so much love for that. :"(

      Delete