Friday, January 10, 2020

Blue Balls to Picasso! Well, Perhaps Not Any More!


Might help if you took a class in art appreciation, but not necessary! Funny AND serious stuff inside!


But you definitely don't need to understand at at every level, it's just a bit deeper chuckle if you know a bit about art history. Which is probably one of the least useful college majors out there, right?

So yeah. I somehow managed to mix together a famous artist with menstrual commercials. Not that many women don't have Jackson Pollock works in their panties during the heavy parts of their cycle, but it does sound more like a post-modern art concept. Sometimes guys goof on Aunt Flo too much, and I think this caption proves that there is a limit to how much a woman can take!

People on the Haven seemed to get it for the most part. As I wrote in a follow up to Wendy's reply, "Just glad people are getting the whole Picasso - Blue Period AND the disjointed women's faces he did too - which pretty much sets up the zinger at the end. Or maybe only certain people understand it, and that makes it even more fun for them!" For me, the zinger is what actually makes the caption. Otherwise it's just a big menstrual joke and I like to think I'm a little bit MORE than just that. Still laugh at fart jokes, but I CAN be sophisticated too!

Please go to the last post with the mirror pussy and comment on my survey if you haven't yet. I could really use some of the information in a positive way I think, going forward with this blog. Also, feel free to comment here on this caption about what you thought of this 'artistic' creation.


I've referenced this song before. It's one of Bruce Dickinson's best songs outside of Iron Maiden. It's from Bruce's 2nd solo album, Balls to Picasso .. which is where I got the name of this caption.

I made a caption using this song in 2012, and referenced it as a bit of a life anthem for me. I'm not sure how far back most of you go here, but I discuss in the post HERE about being sexually abused as a child by a family member .. one who has since that post, passed on. Reading what I wrote then, I just had a legit cathartic cry, knowing that I've made peace with it. It's something you just have to let go of at some point in your life, and not let it cripple you. The whole concept of "Kintsugi" or "golden repair" where fixed pottery is mended with gold or silver mixed in, to show that repairs and flaws shouldn't be hidden, but that our scars are a big part of who we are, but that we aren't broken.

Sorry I ended up getting a bit emotional here at the end. I try to give people every side of me here, and it's what I'm feeling at the moment as I wrote this.

6 comments:

  1. With Picasso involved Wendy is indeed lucky she turned out like that, and it's probably a good thing your thesis wasn't about M.C. Escher. She could have ended up quite distorted as well, and that on the stairs.

    While I didn't comment back then, I remember reading your post "Tears of the Dragon" and I'm glad you've made peace with that situation. Even though I know a few girls who have been sexually abused and for some reason convided in me, I can't even begin to understand what you and they went through. I can only hope for these girls that confiding in me helpt their healing process in some way.

    The part about keeping secets is something I get completly, and while I may never come out in real life, coming out in this community gave me at least renewed hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that people are getting the jokes!

      And thank you for the understanding. It doesn't usually bother me in day to day life. Just things like I'll be in a grocery store and an old timer's cologne hits me that is the same scent that the family member wore, and it will bring back memories of what happened. The house of one of my relatives was recently sold to a cousin, and so there are no pictures up of that family member anymore so I don't have to confront it very often. It's just little reminders now and again, and in a way, it's comforting to know that I'm in such a better mind frame than I was a few years ago.

      Secrets give power over you to others. If you can claim them for yourself, then you've taken away what gives them strength. Wish I could practice what I preach, but there is a time and place for everything.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, you are as clever as you are devious, painting a more vibrant picture with your words than that image alone. Wonderful work!

    I'll never look at those commercials the same way again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always think it's best when words work with the picture for a well-balanced caption. This time, I think the words drive forward what the photo is referencing. It inspired the story, but the image needs the story more than vice versa.

      Delete
  3. You know, when I first read this I got Picasso and van Gogh mixed up in my head and was waiting for the missing hear joke. It’s probably because of that mixup in my head that I didn’t get the ‘body parts were still where they all should be” kicker. I kept wondering if her penis was in her handbag and then getting suck on the thought that that ISN’T where it should be!

    But now with a fresh set of eyes and no van Goghisms, I get it. I ruined the cap in my own head with all the confusion, but I get it.

    Reading about sexual abuse of a child is something of a mind stop for me. My brain just stops, files that information away, and goes on in a clinically detached way. I’ve unfortunately dealt with it inside my own family and now have to deal with it on an almost daily part of work. But as I push past that, I’m so sorry that you had to go through that as a child. I think you’re right in expressing it that way… you have to let go and not let it cripple you. You don’t get past it. You don’t accept it. It scars you and you live with the scars. But you’re beautiful and wonderful and if your scars are part of you, then they’re beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me of a joke, "Oh Picasso! Don't get your nose all out of joint!" was the punchline if I am recalling correctly.

      Thank you sweetie! I had repressed it big time until my daughter was about 6 and I wondered why I didn't want that certain relative anywhere near my her. Then all of a sudden, it really hit me, and hit me hard. Then lots of things that had happened in my life all made sense, and how that trauma had affected me. I am past it at this point, but I never forgave him, and I cold shouldered him until he died.

      And I do wear my scars like a medal of valor.

      Delete