Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Let's Get You Out of That Rut You've Been in .. For a Fulfilling Happy New Year 2020!


Hare to believe people born in 1999 are going to be able to drink legally in 2020!


I'm not sure what else I could possibly say at this point, as I will be entering my TENTH year having this blog! I never thought it would last one year before I'd get bored and suspend it. Was I WRONG!
I've met so many people here. Some came from the Haven to see me here, others started here and made their way over to the Haven to see what it was all about. Others just hit this blog exclusively.

And the amount of friends I've made has been incalculable. Some are no longer around, and some have been here almost the whole time, and I look forward to interacting with new people too. It's how I plan to keep this place fresh, and keep visitors coming back.

While much of my life is the same from 10 years ago, many things have changed too. My family is in a much different format now, as is the same for my GF. Life has evolved, and so has the blog. If you have any ideas on things I can do here that I haven't already, or you want me to do something I used to do, but haven't done lately, let me know and we'll see what I can do!

At almost 25 million views (!) 1700+ posts, and 7200 comments (!) I am truly humbled by everyone's support, almost right from the beginning, through my sabbatical, and onward to the present. And what a present it is! What does the future hold? I'm not sure, but I hope that you all will experience it with me, as we console ourselves through tough times, and celebrate our accomplishments together!

So, as I've done in the past, here is something I got from Helena and will share with you again.

Over here we have a seasons greeting, "Zalig uiteinde" meaning as much as a blissful ending of the year, combined with a happy new year. I can't recall ever hearing or reading of a similar greeting in English, so to a good Dutch custom: A blissful ending of the year, and a happy new year.

For each and every visitor, commenter, and fellow captioner, I wish you "Zalig uiteinde!!" See you in 2020, I promise!


So raise your glass if you are wrong,
In all the right ways, All my underdogs,
We will never be never be, anything but loud,
And nitty gritty, dirty little freaks.
Won't you come on and come on and raise your glass?
Just come on and come on and raise your glass!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank Bea! Hope you had a great holiday season and ready to get back to the grind, so to speak!

      Delete