Saturday, November 16, 2019

Read My Lips .. No New Jinxes!


This was certainly one of my odder captions in the last five years or so!


I was looking at old captions from 2014 to find one to post for tonight, and when I saw this one .. I just knew it had to be posted again for newer visitors to see. And if you didn't see it on the blog or in Jezebel's trading folder back in 2014, it's probably new to you! Here's what I had to say back then!

Made this one for Jezebel, and I think she is definitely on my short list for people who receive captions that are slightly odd-ball, bizarre, or downright head-scratching. There are a few others on that list, like Kaitlyn, but I'm not sure if she would like the pictures in the caption so explicit, which honestly I cannot tone down on this one, due to the actual content which with the story matches the source photo.

Yes, as soon as I saw this picture, the punch line came to me. It took me a few minutes to come up with the actual movie dialog I wanted to use. This was my second choice, and it seemed much more universal and newer to me, as even teens have a good idea who Dirty Harry is, plus the whole idea of where Dirty Harry's speech is coming from .. perhaps its now Dirty Hairy?!? LOL Anywho, my first choice was something from Casablanca, since its considered one of the best movies of all time. "Here's looking at you kid!" will never be the same for any of you reader now, will it?

So, yeah. This definitely brings me back to the days of Steffie, Bimbo Jessica and Petra .. where you could take a definitely sexy, explicit picture and marry it with something REALLY silly, and it worked out beautifully. This is a caption I don't make as often as I used to, because the audience has changed for the most part I think. Luckily certain people, like Jezebel, still enjoy making them from time to time. Here's something she left in my folder the other day!


So, to any other caption artists out there, remember to bring the ludicrous to captions occasionally and keep them fun to read. You'll never go wrong if you make the reader smile!

What do you think about my caption and Jezebel's? Leave comments down below!


2 comments:

  1. Thank You for bringing her back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem! Glad you enjoyed this blast from the past.

      And if you haven't commented here before, WELCOME!

      Delete