Sunday, September 29, 2019

Illusions Are All Relative .. Aren't They?


Can you tell that I've been watching a lot of Penn and Teller .. FOOL US?!?



I love magic and illusions, ever since I was young and saw a Doug Henning magic show. I saw a young woman on it, and the way she was dressed, and dreamed of the magic to make me into her. The whole irony of that magic special now in 2019, is that Bruce Jenner was a special guest star. I guess that dreams did come true with that special, at least for Caitlyn Jenner!

Anyway, Courtney Captisa was offering a 2 for 1 deal with regards to successful "young women" and her are her rules and guidelines.

I HATE bimbo caps! Time for a change! Let's see some caps of successful young women. General theme is that a guy, though hesitant or completely unwilling to live as a woman, finds that living as a woman proves to be a better life for him. 

General ideas:

  • Guy with no job/dead-end job gets a successful career
  • High school or college bro with no social life becomes Miss Popular
  • Teen gets dozens of scholarships when the school thinks he is female
  • Startup entrepreneur starts living as a woman in order to promote brand awareness
  • Hopeful "influencer" starts to get more likes and follows when crossdressing

 So I was thinking about that when I saw the picture online. I had my idea straight away, and that mostly it had to do with Corey, a successful magician, losing his female cousin as an assistant as she's going to college far away, etc.. For the trick to work, he needed someone that looked pretty much like him. Enter mom, who says, "Your lazy identical brother should do it! He needs to get off his skinny ass and do something with his life!" so she dresses him up and says, "You get 100 dollars a gig .. don't fuck up his act!" and since they look EXACTLY alike, the act works even better because now the girl sounds like Corey and holds up in scrutiny like it's Corey, but in female form.

So that is how I wrote it up, though I got rid of the part where Cody could leave the act if someone figured out how they did it, since I wanted them to be successful, AND perhaps Cody finds out being a girl *IS* a better life than what he had, especially as she gets more comfortable as the female Corey over time as the act grows.


A band that most people know through Megadeth poaching one of their founding guitarists for the latest version of the band. It's a shame because they are great! Prog metal that isn't too pretentious! Who would have thought that? Awesome musicians playing great music. Check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Love it.
    Funny that there are only a handfull of captions involving illusionists, because those of us who dress up are trying to create the illusion of the opposite gender.
    I'd like to think that those like me who don't have the courage (yet) to come out IRL, are creating the illusion of our opposite gender on daily basis. We let go of the illusion when we are backstage, like dressing up at home and maybe outside, maybe creating a place on the world wide web for ourselves where we can be who we feel we are.

    I always like a good illusion as well, may it be a basic card trick, making a plane dissapear or anything in between. I met one Dutch magician Hans Kazan once, and had the good fortune of being able to talk to his assistant, Annabet, a little bit longer when he was talking to the press. After that I often dreamed of being her, or be with her. But honestly I haven't thought of her in years. Writing this I noticed that my crush on her is still there, but it's hard to find anything online about her. A few pics and articles from the mid eighties and that's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could CONJURE up some good memories for you! For such a basic premise, I really like this caption and I am glad that others do as well!

      Delete
  2. Okay, first off, yah magic! Even learning how some of the tricks are done, the stage show never ceases to delight me. David Copperfield was a huge part of my childhood, and I love Penn & Teller.

    Second, I love the way this one developed with that grand reveal at the end. Wasn't sure whether it was headed for a transformation, a gender-swap, or real magic, but I like the 'how they do it' twin answer even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a recent favorite of mine. Glad you enjoyed the suspense and the reveal. I was trying to make it feel magical and keep the reader guessing.

      Also interesting that a caption involving magic has more grounds in reality than just about anything else I've written! Grade A Alanis Morrissette irony!

      Delete