Sunday, April 28, 2019

Who Did You Honestly Think I Was, Marie Kondo?


Boy, these captions have been SO colorful lately, you think? Come inside for a rainbow of flavors!


I asked for some ideas and Alexis came through with an idea that worked for me, " help some people with their spring wardrobes." It tickled a part of my brain when I thought about how I had no idea who Marie Kondo was until about 3 weeks ago .. and now everything is Kondo, Kondo, Kondo! You should be singing it like "Cuando, cuando, cuando!" This person is just EVERYWHERE!

So, why not strike with the Kondo-mania is running wild, fast and furious?!? I made a caption sort of like this, dealing with a life-coach .. this is kind of like this, though this is more focused on clutter deduction, simplifying your life and cutting costs while doing it, while making money selling off the extraneous things you don't need. I assume that is what Kondo is teaching, as I'm not about to buy another damn book to tell me how to get rid of things I don't need!

So I definitely focused on that, with lots of numbers and comprehensive data to make it look like a professional job well done. And while I was trying to wrap it in my head, I thought, hmmmm, using Alexander somehow in the caption would work to my favor as a great zinger, while also including the muse of this caption as the star. Sounded great, until I went back and found out her preferred male name is Josh! Urrggghhh, She said she doesn't mind though, which is good because I'm not changing it after the fact!

So, the moral of the story is .. give Dee some good ideas,and she'll get you some good captions! Bryan mentioned more hockey captions, and that turned into a posting with 3-5 New-To-You captions that dated WAY back in my catalog! Thanks for the inspiration everyone, and keep them coming!

As a blog exclusive, leave some comments on the caption and what you thought of it. I will certainly take more ideas if you have them, and I am going to try to write up a few "caption creation" posts where I go over the basics of constructing a caption, with some guides on why you should do things a certain way that I've learned over time. For instance, for this caption, I found a large picture that worked better with text right on top of the photo, which gave me a somewhat centered model and TWO columns for text along with space for an actual title. The second column starts SLIGHTLY lower down than the first column, to give you a visual indicator that you still read "DOWN" the first column and then back up to the top of the second. Does this sort of thing interest you? Let me know!


11 comments:

  1. Thanks Dee!
    That's definitely a great way to say time and money. Especially now that my name is both shorter and easier to spell. The idea of a tv show following a newly made woman sounds like something I'd watch. Although I wonder how her new roommate feels about these turn of events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I never thought about what the real estate agent felt .. it wasn't pertinent to the story I was telling! Maybe she needs a personal assistant, and it's better if she lives with her to get her full time with benefits!

      Delete
  2. I don't see what his problem is? Sounds like a genius solution that works best for everybody. Why settle for just renovating your closet when you can renovate your entire life? Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie Kondo would have been a great name for the real estate agent too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. with a Little luck there will be lots of Sequels, were can we get auditions^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can come up with another angle for it, definitely.

      Delete
  5. Truth be told Dee there was a time when my closet was full of gray, brown, navy, and black and every day I just dreaded opening the door....if Marie Kondo was around and asked me if any of it gave me joy I would have laughed in her face!!!
    Now, like in the lovely pic you chose for your cap, I open my closet and a rainbow of colors await me!!!! Soft fabrics and frills....
    And the other crap is buried in a box in the back....I've come about 180 degrees around about what's hidden in the back of the closet!!!
    And I honestly wouldn't want it any other way!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you are living the life sweetie! I think many of your readers and mine live vicariously through you. I still think most things in my closet would be black; just much more slinky, silky and shiny!

      Delete
  6. Would love to have this service done for me, love it, also love the writing tips

    ReplyDelete