Thursday, January 24, 2019

Cheerio! Your Stepmother Definitely Isn't Mary Poppins! Right, Guv'nuh?!?


Well, since Mary Poppins has returned recently, why not something from 2016?


It's fun to go back and read some old posts here, with around 9(!) accumulated years of captions for people to peruse. Damn, it's been a wild ride, and weird to think that next year will be 10 chronological years of me posting my work for all to see.

Here's one that I particularly enjoy because, well there IS some justice involved, and the punishment does fit the crime, but it still feels forced upon him and dammit, that just feels so good to read, whether you wish to be in that position or not. And I think that this would also appeal to "turned into a Mannequin" fans because while you aren't posed in a position officially, you are literally being dressed and styled by a bunch of young females to look .. and act ... stylish, while being controlled to want to be trained in such a posh way. What isn't there to like about this caption? It feels like an Ann Michelle novel fleshed out into one panel!

Here's what I had to say originally:

Believe it or not, this storyline started in my head when I was looking at a post online from England. I was confused about the date, as in America, it's Month / Day / Year. In Europe, or at least some of it, the date seems to be day / month / year. I thought that would be a great misunderstanding for a TG Caption. I thought it would work well to set the wheels of justice in motion. 

I am not sure if the stepmother was actually involved in the decision to make Drew a girl. Seems like that could've been her motive, or she had discussed it with the beauty school to make him less troublesome over time. I'm sure that there are plenty of finishing schools for ladies in England, so that could certainly have been on her mind. That, or she is more shocked than anything, but is playing everything close to the vest .. perhaps realizing that in this sense, true justice has been served!

I'll be traveling Friday afternoon. Might have my laptop with me so I could possibly respond to any comments you leave below. Feel free to AMA me if you wish, and I will reply ASAP!


6 comments:

  1. Well I'm not sure what kind of justice this is but I'm absolutely ready to plead guilty!!!!!
    I was following you in 2016 but I didn't remember this one....
    I loved it.....
    AMA you? What exactly does the American Medical Association have to do with TG blogs?
    Anyways....I sent the invitation to the other thing again and I really hope this works because it's something I really want you to have!!!!
    Have a fun weekend!!!! Watch out for mooses
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it was "new to you"!! I remember it slipping between the cracks back then, as only Helena had commented upon it. One of the reasons why I will be putting up some repeats from time to time, especially if there is a current link to a past caption swirling around in my head.

      AMA = Ask Me Anything!

      I sent you an email as I still haven't seen anything come from you that I know of.

      Delete
    2. I gave it the wrong e-mail addy for you....I added an "e" that had no business being there....I resent an invitation and a direct link....if you get the link use that first!!!!
      Love
      Kaaren

      Delete
    3. All set. I am now linked to it though I haven't snagged the files yet.

      Delete
  2. Okay, first of all, those shoes! OMG to-die-for!
    Second, metric days? That made me chuckle.
    Third, the shoes!
    Lastly, I love the quick turnabout in the last line. :)

    Okay, so one more time, the shoes! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you liked the shoes apparently?

      Isn't the European system of dates pretty much the metric system? I mean, I know it's not, but it seems like it should be! I know, it sounds funny and it's why I put it in the caption.

      And the last line? Yeah, nothing like a great compulsion to act a certain way completely alien to how your brain usually works.

      Delete