Wednesday, January 2, 2019

An Indecent Proposal ... Done Right a Second Time!


There's a right way, and then the way where no matter what you plan, it all goes to hell!


Honestly, I liked the picture and not quite sure how the entire story came out of viewing it, but it most certainly did. I think I saw the ring and said, "THAT would be a subtle way to announce an engagement ... very sly feminine way to get it out there without getting it out there." Then I said, "how would a guy go in the exact opposite direction and mess it all up and have it known to everyone on the planet?"

It's not malicious in any way either. I don't think she would have said NO if it had been done a bit differently. I've seen these sorts of proposals at ball parks before; it is almost a staple at baseball games and basketball games as well. You can't just show up and give her a ring. I mean, you can, but teams actually have plans in place on WHEN to do it so the camera can be there between an inning, or during a time out, and it's usually a package deal that costs money to do this sort of thing.

So how was Felix to know 3 weeks before when he scheduled everything, that it wasn't a good idea to do it at that moment. I think spontaneous with a tiny bit of planning seems the best way to propose to a woman now. And unless your future wife is a HUGE fan of the team, DON'T do it at a sporting event ... ever!

I didn't want this to be a body swap, but more of a reversal of roles, as hopefully detailed in the coloring of the dialog throughout the caption. Now Felix is female, and her fiance is now male. Maybe she'll be a much better planner than he was!


Everyone needs to hear this more often. If you haven't lately, tell your significant other what makes them so special to you. Trust me, they'll never forget it .. and don't ever LET them forget either!

6 comments:

  1. I hate all those "kiss cams" and proposals on the big screen and I absolutely live for the ones that go wrong....it's an evil side of me that I don't usually show....perhaps it's a bit of Dee's influence that's rubbed off on me.....it certainly wouldn't be the first thing that's rubbed off on me!!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel the same way about it, which is probably how this caption came about. As of 2015, Fenway Park allows only ONE official proposal per game, and it's between 250 and 350 dollars to propose (the money goes to the Red Sox Foundation charity) you can read about it here:

      https://blog.longsjewelers.com/engagement/fenway-park-proposal

      I wonder if the Sox have a statistic for how many of the women say YES!

      Delete
  2. I feel so bad for him, that couldn't have gone any worse. At least as Licy things seem to be going smoothly. Happy New Year Dee!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Happy New Year to you and I hope all your wishes come true!

      Delete
  3. He seems like a sweet guy. He meant well, and I love the big romantic gesture. So happy the Fates gave him a second chance to do it right. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I hope that it came across in the caption that Felix wasn't a bad guy at all, just not exactly reading the situation correctly.

      Delete