Saturday, December 15, 2018

The Manliest of Men Are Immune to Dee's Mesmerism .. Or Are They?


You should always pay attention to what Dee is doing .. and saying. Especially what she's saying!


Made this for Brittany7 and its the only new caption I have that isn't a holiday / Christmas one. I have I think 6 or 7 lined up now so, whether you like it or not, get ready for some naughty and/or nice Xmas captions coming your way, starting Sunday or Monday I think, and perhaps coming daily starting Thursday or Friday?

I am not quite sure because we just had a death in the family, and it's not Robin, and I am not Batman. Well, maybe I am, but that is neither here nor there. As if my time wasn't short enough, I'll be dealing with a series of Christmas parties mixed in with the requisite wake and funeral service in the middle of the week. I am going to try to get together a few hours of time to plot out everything and maybe even write out the next 10 days worth of blog posts so I won't get caught flat-footed. The ironic thing is that for this year, Xmas Eve and Day should be pretty peaceful!

So right now I am taking a few minutes to write this up, then having a big gasp of air as I try to blow through this week floating above everything like Mighty Mouse at Macy's during Thanksgiving.

Anything about the caption? Well, it harkens back to my caption work in 2008. Definitely looks like it fits that time frame and the sort of work I was doing then, esthetically at least. I was banging out a quickie and I wanted it to feel a bit raw. Not sure why but that was how I was feeling at the time. Trust me in that the Xmas captions will look much more modern than this one.

I will catch up with everyone tomorrow night .. fingers crossed!


7 comments:

  1. My condolences, Dee. Holidays are rough enough without losing people. We're thinking of you - take care of yourself and don't worry about posting schedules. We'll still be here when you get a moment.

    On a happier note, love the caption - that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear Dee. Take whatever time you need. Life happens and thats ok.
    The caption was good. I enjoyed the unique outfit. It looks it would be pretty comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sally and Alexis for your kindness and condolences.

    I am still going to try hard to get all the captions out, since they are all seasonal to the Christmas season. I cannot imagine people wanting to read them around MLK day! I enjoyed making them, and sharing them with others is definitely something that is meaningful to me, and hopefully to all who read them. Just like everyone out there, some of the captions are naughty and others are nice, and some might make you groan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, you put me under your spell every time I read your captions, under circumstances do as much or little as you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO glad that you are one of the compliant ones! I'm much harder on those who think they are strong enough to resist me!

      Delete
    2. Resistance is futile, I am one of Dee's girls

      Delete
    3. Resistance is futile, I am one of Dee's girls

      Delete