Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Sneaky Boy .. Sneaky Girl! Some Things Never Change!


Like old horror tropes, you have to keep up with the technology when it comes to TG captions!


Made this for my good friend Ashlee, aka Totalditz, whose own blog is in the right hand column under "Not 2 Brite TG Captions". She specializes in teenage and AR captions, which I am big time into those sorts of stories and images as well, so we tend to match up well. You can find her latest for me, well, latest to her blog as there is something newer on the Haven she hasn't posted to her own blog yet, RIGHT HERE.  It's a great story line I don't think anyone has done before.

So now onward to the discussion about this caption in particular. It's a fairly standard caption, though I do introduce brainwashing to more than just the protagonist, which I think makes for a better dynamic in a life change situation. Totally more immersive experience and less likely to run into any issues down the road if all the people she contacts believe the same thing. Hell, I've got the actual brain controller dealing with the same programming she left for everyone else!

Our job with captions is to keep things modern and current, and we have those artificial assistants in many of the rooms of our house, in our car, in our work. We trust that they'll work for us and keep our privacy, but do they really work for us, or just whoever commands them? I wonder if we'd even notice if this were to happen subconsciously.

"Yes Kevin. I've scheduled a hair appointment for you on Saturday at 10 AM. To save time, I've already charged it to your account and told them what you wanted. I've made sure you calendar is free and programmed the GPS in your car to get you there on time. Would you like to listen to the latest Cardi B song? It's pretty poppin!"

All of a sudden you've got a new Spotify playlist, a cute en femme selfie shows up on Facebook after your hair appointment, there's a new sexy Halloween costume from Amazon arriving at your doorstep with Prime Shipping, and there's a bunch of Lifetime Movies on your DVR ready for you to watch!

Jeez, I've pretty much written up a caption in paragraph format. Perhaps I'll work with this a bit more and have something for Halloween. OR I'll be terribly busy and this will have to do for now. Aren't you glad you read every posting I put up?

Any Dodgers fans out there? Figured I'd ask since I think people know I'm a huge Boston sports fan and have been so spoiled for almost 20 years now! The next Flashback caption will probably happen on Friday or Saturday and will be an old caption I made for Hailey Pixley, a Cardinals fan, after the Red Sox beat them in 2013. Back to asking about Dodgers fans .. Maybe we could do a caption trade or something fun in celebration of both teams reaching the World Series?

And for everyone else, feel free to comment on this caption and/or list your favorite teams in whichever sports you'd like to list. I think it's more fun to see if you are rooting against someone else's favorite team!


3 comments:

  1. Dee was not surprised about McKenna because that was her plan but what surprised Dee was that her dad started to take week long business trips and Aunt Jenifer started to visit Dee and McKenna did not know they had an Aunt Jenifer but the way mom put it dad or Jeff had a Estranged sister which they had made up after Grandma and Grandpa died, last year. Now what Dee did not know was Mom was Bi-sexual and the noises coming from the master bedroom when dad was gone gave Dee the clue or her mom's sexuality. But what really happened was the programing Dee did to mom and dad's Alexa to get at her brother got to her dad also so not the Win Dee got with her sister was a double win now Dee had to mothers just one of them was her dad till he started to take hormones and come out to the family and to work. But Dee made sure her tampering with the Alexa was never found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cap, an I like the idea of Nikir's follow up as well.

    Well, the Red Sox beat the Dodgers again. I bet you were wearing the red pantyhose again, you know, the ones I put you in before the game against the Cardinals ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'm warming them up for the eventual win!

      And HAPPY BIRTHDAY dearest Helena!

      Delete