Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Everyone Wears Shoes at Some Point .. It's What You Do IN THEM That Matters!


An insta-caption based on something currently in the news? Shocking, isn't it?


You can take this caption however you want to, as a political statement, or a magical change for the better, or an affront to the very fabric of our society (see what I did there?) I saw the photo and the story just came to me, and I had to run with it.

Fear is the biggest motivator of hatred, and it always has been. Fear of what we don't know, what we don't understand, of what could happen to us at any moment. Fear of people that wield power without reprisal, and fear of those that could take what power and privilege we have engendered.

How do we as a country, as a society, and as a global village .. deal with that fear, and those who thrive upon that fear to push agendas that deepen that divide? I don't know for sure, but opening up REAL avenues of dialog seems to be a good start .. and not shouting down alternate views or stopping that speech from happening. We are all the same when we are six feet underground, or in an urn .. lets figure out ways for people to stay above ground as long as possible without fear.


Feel free to comment on the last post, or this one too. I don't mind opposing views at all, just keep it civil. I thought it would be fun to take something in the news and filter it through our TG captions.

3 comments:

  1. I think our priorities is the country have gone awry. People are more worried about a kneeling football player than child abuse in the Catholic church. I think that, sadly, speaks for the mindset of the country right now. As for the protest, I think it's kinda silly to burn something you already paid for, thinking your sticking it to the company. And now people are pointing out child labor practices again because it fits their political agenda. Oh, nice cap btw. Fits nicely into current events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it!

      The weird thing is that I thought people might click on it when they saw the swoosh from Nike ... but the tags seem to have covered that part of her chest!

      Delete
  2. I'm a bit disappointed there wasn't more of a discussion on such a hot button issue. You would more people would put in their 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete