Monday, July 2, 2018

NEW SHOES WEEK! From White Laced Docs to Sketchers!


Here's a TG Caption I HOPE doesn't happen or relate to you, to be honest!


This was the first caption I made of the series, as I am horrified about the way certain people in our society are blaming the ills of society on those of differing colors. Racism is always the first refuge of the scoundrel as far as I'm concerned. The only thing good about recent events is that people are actually coming out of the woodwork more so now than skulking around in the shadows like they used to do. Maybe people are starting to see how systemic this has been ingrained into our culture.

So, when I saw this picture, I had a good idea what I was going to do with it. and how to take a hateful text and imbue it with optimism .. and maybe they'll just learn something about prejudice and maybe so good old fashioned sexism too! I wonder if some of the people in power had to work as an female immigrant at their own hotel or golf course, how much sympathy they might have for their declared "enemy" .. I would venture that he'd learn a lot as a beauty pageant contestant, but why let him off the hook as being one of the "pretty" people he so wants to be.

Anyway, Hope you do enjoy this next in a series of "New Shoes" .. We've got a few more to go!


5 comments:

  1. If only it were that easy to erase stupidity and hatred from the world. Of course, one hatred usually breeds another, so I love the implied suggestion that all those homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic racists are experiencing a total redemption. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally is right, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both Sally and Leon C for the comments. I think the word does need more cheerleaders .. Can't believe I am saying that now! Back in High School, I hated the stuck up cheerleaders, but they do some good so why not?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute. I love simple caps like this that have some creativity behind them! Look out for Snapchat week from me coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a feeling that one of these SHOE WEEK captions would suit your fancy, specifically this one!

      Delete