Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Just Who Do I Think I Am? Why Am I Not Sure?


Sometimes reality affects captioning in a good way. This is one of them!


Made this caption for Jillisa, who is a long-time captioner on the Haven, at probably over 10 years now, and she's been a big help to many who create TG captions as well, due to her persistent nature of hating grammatical errors and typos. Recently she has come out a bit more, done some shopping for women's clothing, and is thinking about coming out to some people close to her. The old name just didn't fit her anymore .. so she chose Jennifer, one of the popular names during the year she was born, which lines up fairly nicely with Jeff .. she won't have to change any monogrammed items!

Well, I thought that was great .. I wouldn't mind doing that .. except Dee is short to write and it lines up fairly well with Damien. I mean, some people will call me "D" anyway. "Hey. Wot up D?" If I did make a decision like Jillisa/Jennifer, perhaps I would go with what my dad had said would be my female name back when they were talking about it, Rhiannon .. yeah, my dad loved Stevie Nicks. I mean, Damien = son of the devil in The Omen .. Rhiannon, the witch in the Fleetwood Mac song. Nice to have cool parents like that, eh?

So anyway, I've made a ton of captions for Jillisa in the past, and wanted to make a caption that used this current situation to recognize a big step in her life. Why not go a bit meta? I ended up writing it up almost like the Three Bears .. Too masculine, Too feminine .. and just right!

Hopefully it did hit the spot in just the right place for her. What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it fascinating how/where our names come from? I did the same thing originally, trying to pick a name that fit my initials, going with Beverly (as in Beverly Crusher, my teenage Star Trek fantasy MILF). It was my wife who named me Sally, since coming out to her was a rebirth of a sort.

    All that aside, I love the image and the caption. If only it were as easy as clicking Y/N. :)

    ReplyDelete