Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Xmas Shopping For Your Girlfriend at Sephora. What Could Go Wrong?


There's a good reason why I put everything I give out at Christmas time in gift bags!


I hadn't planned on making more Christmas captions the other day, but I was looking through some photo directories on the computer and a year or two ago, I had saved this picture and the woman's heavily made up eyes gave me this idea which I ended up fleshing out for Simplysays on the Haven.

I would imagine that most men would feel kind of weird in a Sephora, as it is just about the most femme store in existence. Every bit of space is taken up with products to make girls feel more feminine, alluring, desirable and ultra-female! I just checked their online site, and they have some men's stuff, but it is mostly skin moisturizer, cleansers and cologne. I mean, they welcome you with "Hi beautiful!" Even with the 89 products listed "for him", you get items like THIS ONE. Does this seem like something marketed to average, ordinary Joe's? Or how about THIS ITEM? I can't imagine I'd be happy if my GF bought 299 dollars worth of mud masks and moisturizers, and I cannot see her buying it for me either!

So, yeah. That definitely colored the story I wished to tell here in the caption. The other part is when they offer to gift wrap it for you. Christmas time (and Valentine's Day) are those 2 times a year where many stores offer free wrapping to those clueless guys who can't figure it out on their own (Yes, I use gift bags or get my daughter to wrap them for me) and they expect most guys to take up the offer. If you decline (even if there is a price attached to the wrapping) then they really do get the idea that the gift IS actually for you, especially if you and your GF are around the same size. See all the stuff you are learning here in this one caption?

Something else you'll learn if you are a guy is that stores like Sephora and Lush give out samples VERY lavishly. We went into a Lush to get a gift card and a bath bomb for the daughter, and we left with a bath bomb sample and some lotion for my GF and I ended up with "beard conditioner" and some sort of facial scrub. I would assume that marketing tells them that this increases business, as I guess women try that product out and come back and get more. Maybe it doesn't work on men as much, since I don't see Bass Pro Shop handing out free fishing lures or ammunition! I've yet to use either product as it still sits on a shelf, while the GF wants to pick up some lotion after Christmas!

Sephora is even more generous, letting women try out makeup IN THE STORE itself with a sample of just about everything on the floor, and usually drop tubes of lip gloss or lotions in the bag after a purchase, plus they have lots of "buy 100 bucks of makeup and get 20 dollars in brushes!" promotions going on all the time. I know a recently transitioning girl wander into a Sephora and drop a few hundred dollars and is set for the next year or two .. plus they were REALLY nice to her, giving lots of tips to minimize this and bring out what needed to be highlighted. Can't stress it enough, they offer great customer service to CD's and TG people.

But I am probably already preaching to the choir here though, right? Main thing I was getting at is that for this caption, many truths piled up to make a silly bimbo caption seem more relateable and grounded in reality for the reader, and I probably would not have written it if not for those facts.

Damn! I wrote a lot about not much! Guess I was being verbose tonight. Hopefully we'll have some good discussions in the comments. Talk about the caption, talk about your experiences with stores and cross-dressing, and direct questions about me. I will try to respond to all comments within the next day or two. I think Wednesday will be the day off, and we'll be back Thursday all the way through Christmas Day. Keep coming back for more holiday captions and see you soon!


5 comments:

  1. I love it. I hate shopping this time of year, so I can identify with the urge to just get out of there. Pretty sure our nearest store doesn't carry that magic gift set, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done about 90 percent of my Xmas Shopping online this year, including Black Friday. Either it comes delivered for free to my work, or the store offers "pick it up here in our customer service department" without having to wait at a register.

      Usually on Black Friday I just wander out to check out the social interactions and maybe pick up a DVD or two for gifts. Actually did the best at Home Depot and Lowe's with much needed storage racks and tools needed to finish up the closet renovation and conversion of a bedroom into more of a day bed and storage room .. with a stand alone freezer finally!

      I didn't think the gift set was magic per se, but all the chemicals mixed together created some sort of feminine bombshell, that turned him into a feminine bombshell!

      Delete
    2. That would be a big seller if they could isolate and patent it!

      Delete
  2. I love that they are so TG CD friendly maybe they could recommend a weapons grade foundation/ moisturiser to fill the wrinkles and blotches.
    I did once get a free screwdriver. it lights up just before you get electrocuted.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many stores do have a male working there that have all the training that the ladies do, and I think they know their clientèle pretty well. The TG friend that I was referencing above in the post literally had 2 tubes of lipstick and some foundation when she started transitioning and Sephora was a godsend for her to get everything she needed to start the process of being a woman in public.

      Delete