Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Winners Never Tie When It Comes to Breastaurants!


Anyway, nice to see the banker from Deal or No Deal make an appearance in another role here!


Yeah, I probably based this on an old Simpson's episode (an early Flanders episode!) that I probably have also used before, perhaps even with a Hooter's picture .. Honestly I'm not sure. Make a few thousand TG caption panels and times tends to bleed together!

I think competitions are always good fodder for TG Captions. Guys can be obsessed with winning, or in this case, not losing. Something about that can make the inevitable downfall even more gratifying to read. There was a bit more to this caption initially, but I had to carve it out to get the ending fully fleshed out. Even then, I wasn't quite sure how to end it exactly. I knew that I wanted another tie .. and as I was reading it, I thought, "what if their 'independent' accountant was anything but?" and "cooked the books" pun intended. Besides, having two Breastaurants next too each other would definitely cannibalize sales .. I'm betting the accountant will have Bernie and Dee working in one of the places that features waitresses with a little something extra!

I am actually wondering how many Hooters panels/captions I've made since starting out? If I do a search on this blog for it as a keyword, I get 4 posts. There's GOT to be many more than that. I can remember one I made for someone that had them being a model on the Hooter's Gift Card. Maybe someday I'll do a recon mission to the D'archives and see how many there actually are lurking there.

Thanks for the comments on the last caption. I was pretty down on it, even though I did like it. Sometimes like MST3k would paraphrase, "Repeat to yourself, it's just TG captions, I should really just relax!" See you in a day or two!


Yes, there was a crossdressing element to the bet on the Simpson's too. What was cut off was Ned saying something to the effect of, "This is kind of fun. Brings me back to my old college days!" and Homer saying "He likes it?"

1 comment:

  1. I always love a caption when they dig their own hole and helped alittle on the way just for good measure.

    ReplyDelete