Thursday, June 9, 2016

Cheerio! Your Stepmother Definitely Isn't Mary Poppins!


Plus an extra insta-caption referring to the recent Richard Simmons / National Enquirer brouhaha!


Believe it or not, this storyline started in my head when I was looking at a post online from England. I was confused about the date, as in America, it's Month / Day / Year. In Europe, or at least some of it, the date seems to be day / month / year. I thought that would be a great misunderstanding for a TG Caption. I thought it would work well to set the wheels of justice in motion.

I am not sure if the stepmother was actually involved in the decision to make Drew a girl. Seems like that could've been her motive, or she had discussed it with the beauty school to make him less troublesome over time. I'm sure that there are plenty of finishing schools for ladies in England, so that could certainly have been on her mind. That, or she is more shocked than anything, but is playing everything close to the vest .. perhaps realizing that in this sense, true justice has been served!

<><><>

The title for this BONUS caption is "The Enquirer's Latest Euphemism for TG People Is Sweeping the Nation! H-2-Oh My!" and I made it ostensibly for Dawn (Commentator) since she is most likely in her 60's AND has transitioned AND did work in journalism .. which ticks most of the boxes here.


As per what I wrote in the original post in her trading folder:
Well, during work I was reading a "story" about poor Richard Simmons and his recent hospital stay. 
I mean, who are you going to believe, a publicist of a celebrity, or a journalistic beacon of integrity like the National Enquirer? 
So, I figured that I would have some fun with it, and make you an insta-caption quickie. Hope you enjoy! 
For those who don't know. Richard Simmons said he was dehydrated. The National Enquirer said "Fiona" had hormone treatment and breast implants
I think the story has been pretty well debunked, unless they can produce some actual credible facts, and apparently there is even footage that TMZ shot of Richard Simmons leaving the hospital with a full beard .. so I think the Enquirer is definitely wrong on this one.


Cheap Trick is finally in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This might just be the very best version of Surrender I've ever heard! Damn, they rocked hard in Daytona Beach in 1989.

1 comment:

  1. Over here we use the notation day / month / year as well, and it can lead to misunderstandings when dealing with people who use a different notation. So using this in a cap is brilliant.
    If this was a punishment when I was young, I know I would have gotten into a lot of trouble.

    Love the second cap as well, It reminds me a bit of the novel "Girl" by David Thomas, where a man goes to the hospital to have his wisdom teeth removed, but comes out a woman.

    ReplyDelete