Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Frat Wash .. Cleaning the Deck!


What else are you going to do when you need to raise money for the frat?



Make this quickie for Wannabestuck a few weeks ago. Pretty much a "what you see is what you get" caption, with only the slightest bit of mis-direction, and one that you see coming a mile away when you know that I'm the one that wrote it. I don't think it hurts the enjoyment too much though. Like AC/DC, I am just giving the people exactly what they want. That *IS* what you want, right? Let me know!

What a perfect weekend so far.The only thing that could make it more perfect would be a yard of my own to hang out in and have a campfire tonight, and perhaps the ability to eat meat and drink beer beside that campfire. Since we are wishing, why not have all my blog visitors hanging around, exactly the way they wish to look and act and I'll have a couple of guitars and whatnot and we can all sing 1980's tunes! That WOULD be perfect, don't you think?

No matter what you are doing tonight, what troubles or extreme joy you are feeling .. just stop and think for a moment about life and what a wonderful gift we have: to do more than just take up space, and the impact that our existence has on others, and that give and take which is so vital to our well-being. I'm not even talking about the big picture, but just the simple interactions between 2 people, or 'man' and nature. It is truly amazing to be alive: the highs and lows, hills and valleys, and all the stuff in between. Its that 'stuff' that binds us all and makes the here and now so compelling. I hope when I'm old and gray, that I never forget all that miscellanea and trivial state of being that goes along with my biggest failures and greatest achievements ... Grabbing an ice cream cone with a loved one, a road trip that got you hopelessly lost, or the tired child being carried by his daddy on the beach who looks at you, smiles, and then closes his eyes to sleep. Embrace the mundane and celebrate it! Like oxygen, its all around you and I'm addicted to it!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Monkees, and its really interesting in how I viewed this song as a pre-teen during the 2nd Monkee-mania and how I see it now. I usually follow it up with another song on mixed CD's, so why not put it up here too?!?



3 comments:

  1. Why does it have to be all or nothing? Why can't Cory stay pretty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Cory *IS* going back. I do think he's already found a date though!

      Dee

      Delete
  2. Great cap. I think I would be clumsy with the antidote myself :)

    I have only a small garden, not large enough for all of your visitors, but it would be a start.

    Watching the sun rise, and hearing nature awake.The smell of the world after the rain. The neighbours dog coming to you, like he wants to comfort you when your sad. The way people can rise when their team is playing well, and the sadness when they lose. The fire you feel inside when you visit a rock concert, the way you are moved when you see a beautiful dance. And indeed, the innocence of children...
    These are the things to celebrate, and so much more.

    By the way, I mailed my DIY submission, so if you missed it, it probably ended as spam ;)

    ReplyDelete