Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Stupid App Filters!

Because not one of my visitors has ever used a Makeover app on their phones, right?

Yeah, sure you haven't!

Well, I never used one because I don't trust a cell phone's privacy, and any cloud storage is hackable if the need arises .. so I just stick with old fashioned Photoshop or online apps instead.

The main goal in the caption was to hopefully subvert the premise a bit where you thought that maybe the app was the agent of change, when in fact it was something else .. an unnamed means of transformation .. and that the protagonist was actually trying to make himself look more like a guy, but he was so girly, there wasn't anything he could do to butch up his visage. Plus, a lot of filters on the phone can make you look quite fake, and while I think this image is AI, I've seen some photos of friends that look like they laid a makeup mask over their actual face! "Homer? You set the makeup gun to WHORE!"

And the zinger punchline was a bit of a meme where like half of all the guys on dating apps are wearing backwards baseball caps, dark sunglasses, and holding a fish that they presumably caught .. and I guess implying that they are manly enough for mating AND are "a real catch!"

I guess it's not that clever a caption if you have to explain it all, eh?


And hopefully this Youtube embedded video works. It was an early Conan O'Brien sketch on Saturday Night Live where they use the word "penis" at least 47 times!

No comments:

Post a Comment