Wednesday, March 6, 2024

A Bit of a ReOrg While I've Been Away from the Firm!


Well, at least Jenkins still LOOKS firm .. in the breast region and legs, and oh yeah, a tight booty too!


Yeah, this is something that never would happen in today's corporate world. Well, I don't think it COULD happen. Luckily (I guess?) I've never been a part of that sort of world, especially since I hate suits and especially neckties. Last time I had to wear any sort of dress clothes for a job was doing retail back when I was in my late teens, and because the dress code policy was "men must wear a tie" and they didn't specify which sort of tie, and I was begrudgingly allowed to wear a bolo tie. ("That is not a tie!" "It's RIGHT in the description of the article of clothing, 'bolo-tie'." Then they asked 5 people in the office what I was wearing and they all said, "bolo TIE")

I digress, because I am slightly buzzed from a gummy I took about 40 minutes before I made the caption. Takes about 2-3 hours to really hit me, so I should be fine in writing this blurb up. Rough day, but I'm going to go through the rest of the night on a high note.

Now that you've probably read the caption, the genesis of the idea was that I saw the picture, and in my head, I went, "Well, since you've gone to rehab, the office has been going through some changes." "I'll say! Jenkins is now female AND Asian! I'm going to need a stiff drink!" A very 1960's sitcom comedy beat.

So I put it into a caption setting and started writing. First paragraph went according to plan, and then I needed to work my way around, "improvements and changes," where the old boss would do whatever he could to retain control of his department when he returned, and that ended up opening the plot up just a little bit. It also gave me the last paragraph to tidy up the story a bit more. I liked some of the hopefully subtle wordplay as to Jenkins new ethnicity, while driving head-on to the drinking / sex double entendre. 

Standard caption for a 'Dee needs a caption for the blog deadline' mode I was in. Hell, I have really enjoyed the recent output that I've done under those time restraints. The definitely feel more immediate. Leave comments below .. and what sort of TG Caption Trope should I work on next?



2 comments:

  1. Fun cap Dee!

    When I first read the cap, a few days ago now, it felt 'off' to me. Not necessarily bad. Just off. It finally hit me last night why. There's nothing transformative about the subject. Yes, technically we could think of 'Jenkins' as the subject, but as Jenkins often serves in your caps as a generic placeholder, I left him as that and read it from Mr. Mentia's perspective.

    I guess for me, I finish it off with one last line. Something like "Okay, are you ready for your retraining Mr. Mentia? Or should I say... Dee?"

    Regardless, once I got past the 'offness' I do really like the cap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I guess this is one of those times where, if you are aware of the Dee-verse, it can get confusing.

      I had a vibe of Dabney Coleman's character from "9 to 5" walking through the office after he'd gotten out of the bondage set-up, and seeing all the changes that had happened while he was gone .. and so this caption does leave the ending open-ended a bit. Mr. Mentia certainly does not get his comeuppance yet. I'm sure his new secretary can help him out eventually, since she is always bringing him a fresh cup of coffee!

      Delete