Sunday, November 20, 2022

The Shoe's the Thing .. Did Shakespeare Say That Originally?


The games afoot .. That is DEFINITELY Shakespeare!


Wonder what TG captions written by Shakespeare would have looked like? Would they be written more like sonnets, or have some snappy dialog like mine, or perhaps monologues where evildoers spout off their plans for the feckless protagonists .. like mine! Hmmmm .. of course I am talking about Harvey Shakespeare. He was such a wordsmith. Mostly unknown, but DAMN could he write a good poem about park benches.

And what does that have to do with this caption? Absolutely nothing, if I am to be honest. Other than "The Shoe's the Thing" was what I named the caption file, and I just went with it when writing this blog post up. 

The actual plot reminds me of a Jennifer White story, back during the good old days of the StorySite TG page. Don't think there's been a new story posted there in 14 years, but I'll still go back and read some of her work from time to time. It was nothing groundbreaking about most of her plots, but there was just an earnest nature to them that made them compelling to read. And StorySite seems to be the only place she ever posted .. unless she became someone else later on .. when that site went down in flames, they continued to have submissions .. I guess they thought they'd come back again at some point, and Jennifer White STILL kept submitting them, which means there's a bunch of her stuff that never came out. And that sucks!

So IF you are still out there, Jennifer White, please let us know what you've been up to all these years, and I'd love to see the stories come out now. Hell, I'll post them here. We miss you!


Congrats to Duran Duran on their long-time coming admission into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Definitely underappreciated and the band were great musicians too.  Hmmmm, I should have posted a song from Shakespears Sister, should I have?



2 comments:

  1. Two things: first "The games' afoot" is from "Sherlock Holmes" so Arthur Conan Doyle.
    second is a recommendation regarding shakespeare taking credit for quotes. If you find that amusing you should watch the show "Upstart Crow".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure, as I was recalling it having been Shakespeare, as quoted by General Chang in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country .. Just looked it up, and definitely Sherlock Holmes, but from Henry V Act 3, Scene 1 originally. I did a quick look about "Upstart Crow" and it seems interesting. I, like many, have lots of questions as to what Shaky Bill was up to in his life, that he was able to be such a learned man, while not being in the upper classes. Perhaps I'll try to hunt it down in the torrents.

      I always enjoy looking at quotes misattributed to people on Facebook. To slightly misquote Anchorman, "60 percent of the time, it's right every time!"

      Thanks for the recommendation, and for commenting!

      Delete