Thursday, March 17, 2022

Surely It's a One Time Thing .. And Don't Call Me Shirley!


You really need to be wary when it comes to plotting wives named Dee!


This idea came about, like a few other captions I've made, where a dad is looking to impart wisdom upon his son, and from experience, sees things with different eyes than his progeny.

In a way, you can click HERE for this caption's "ancestor" called, "Country Club Membership Breeds Good Hospitality," although I am not honestly sure if the Dad in this caption for "Vanessa" in in the same boat that Vance is in this caption. I left it a bit vague, as to how Dad knew that this was how things were going to go. Perhaps it had happened to him, or he knew someone else that was a colleague of his, or just that you really shouldn't capitulate to your wife when it comes to "being the man of the house." I'll post that caption right here so you don't have to wander off the reservation too far, though you might want to see the post and get the full story behind that one.


If I was one to write TG fiction, instead of just captions, the I would have fleshed out the dialog much more, going on about the things that Dad is seeing, and gradually having Vance come around as to what exactly is going on .. but I had ONE panel to get my point across, so it's a bit rushed. Honestly though, with my ADD, or is it ADHD (either one is not diagnosed, but assumed from being in the mental health field at one point for 8+ years) I'd probably lose interest at some point before it really got anywhere.

And since this was created for Vanessa (Vanilla Thunder, you can see her blog in my roster!) I am hoping she likes this caption, as it's not her usual preferences. I just thought it would fit her. She hadn't posted anything since the end of February, so hopefully this will jog something in her and get her creative juices flowing again .. as I tend to like her captions a lot, and LOVE her TG fiction, which you can find on Fictionmania and some other sites as well. I'm pretty heavy on links today, aren't I?

So my fingers are crossed that she'll enjoy this, and if she comments on it before this gets posted, I'll put it below so you don't have to visit the Haven to see if/what she said.

At the very least, I'm hoping that YOU out there will enjoy this, and let me know what you think of it as well. If you'd like to chat about the Country Club caption instead, go for it! As a side note, any of you out there know anyone is real life that has a fantasy life or reality like ours here on the internet? If you do, how'd you find out, do you participate, and/or do they give you juicy details? Sound off here!


And why not a double shot of 90's industrial (?) music from Stabbing Westward!



6 comments:

  1. Oh, I recall that one! I always thought Fifi was Dave's dad, who tried to go cheap, and it bit him in the ass....

    And Vanessa, if the house has more exposed beams like the ones by the window, it'll be easy to hang ropes, chains, bars, etc.... (country farmhouse? also looks like the range is in an alcove that may have been a cooking fireplace. floor and woodwork look old)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fifi WAS actually Dave's dad, who went cheap many years before hand!

      And I am wondering if that kitchen was actually the servant's quarters originally, and perhaps once again real soon too!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely delightful, not my usual cup of tea, but it's always fun to diverge from my usual preferences and get out of my comfort zone. Something tells me the Dad in the caption picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue. Hopefully the dry spell resolves itself soon so I can properly reciprocate the caption (and all of the other ones I still owe on the Haven, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, glad you didn't mind receiving it, as I had a feeling that it was at least slightly out of your comfort zone, but still thought it was a good fit for you.

      And yes, I hope that your dry spell shakes out soon enough! I really like your TG fiction a lot .. but will definitely "settle" for some new captions!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. When I get the technology, I'll definitely be starting a beta testing list!

      Delete