Thursday, April 15, 2021

Its not Rogaine ... Think It's more like Whoa-gaine!

The things we do to get a full head of hair! Who cares about the side effects?!?

Here is a short little caption I made a LONG time ago, that was posted here almost 10 years ago, that never got a comment in the early days of this blog. Soooooo, it most likely HAS to be new to you!

This is some of what I had to say back then:

Just a nice little quickie for Elle-Jae, who joined the Haven a few months ago, and seems to be enjoying herself, especially making captions. I try to be more vague and ethereal when making captions for people I don't know too well. Its not in the actual caption, but its pretty much determined that L.J. got the Whoa-gaine from some weird guy in a bathrobe down at the mall. I think that any time a product delivers on its promise, it should be commended. If you find a bottle, please send some my way!

This time, I'll even post what Elle said in the comments of the original post on the Haven. "Oh, Dee!!!  This is , like, soo-oo fabulous! Not only did it restore the fullness, shine & lust-er to my head of hair, but as it ran over my body in the shower, it took all that other ugly stuff down the drain with it!!! Now I so want to say ,'I've just washed my hair and I can do anything with you!'"

Might as well run the original discussion topic that went with it, figuring maybe we'll get some actual comments this time!

DISCUSSION QUESTION: Have you found any products with claims, advertising, or what-have-you that seems to be something more TG or transformational than what it actually is? I recall making a caption for a "magic bra" but I'm not sure what others I've done (perhaps a 'Dee Dive into the Archive' is in order?) The commercials that I love are the fitness ones, that show a woman working out with tight abs and kicking breasts, and they ask, "wouldn't you LOVE to have a body like this by the time Summer rolls around?" ... like they are going to get an argument like that from my blog readers!

This caption proves that many songs should be taken more literally when the title is, "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair!" Don't you agree?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my how I laugh. Who wouldn’t want luscious hair on top and none elsewhere. Those products they advertise, if only they performed half as good as promised, rather than the tiniest bit. I enjoyed the caption and picture and it’s new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The world would be a much better place if everything advertised did what it said it would! Glad you enjoyed this blast from the past!

      Delete
  2. I like the bounce it adds to his... um... hair....

    ReplyDelete