Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Sometimes life jumps out at you, with 'nair'y a chance for you to react! Let's not beat around the bush!


When I saw this picture, I thought back to an early caption I made for Alexia, who was one of my earliest friends on The Haven. She still lurks around the internet occasionally, but really doesn't interact much with people now. So I thought it'd be fun to do a caption that draws upon our friendship, and makes everything come around full circle.

There's so many people I used to know there at the Haven, that disappeared over time. Some have come back (Realfield just came back after 5 years away!) but many have stayed gone. I wonder about what they are doing now, if they miss the Haven or the blog, and if they ever think about this goth mistress when they've got some time to themselves. I'm hoping that they are doing well, and look back at their friendship with me and think only happy thoughts. And I am still around if they wish to reach out and say hi again. I'd welcome it, even if it is just to catch up.

So here's a toast, to new friends and old acquaintances, and to those I haven't met yet.  If you haven't heard from a friend in awhile, reach out and make yourself known. It's never too late to make contact again. There's nothing to lose, and so much to gain. Love you all! 


6 comments:

  1. You know, Dee, one of the things I love about your blog is that there's so much history here, layers of history. One of the shortcomings of TG blogs in general is that they tend to be present-oriented, one-off affairs, but with you (and with Haven, which you introduced to me), I feel a much more organic connection that almost seems like a fireside chat with dear friends. That's special and sweet, and I hope that some of your old friends will drop by to say hello. I'd love to meet them! ^^

    Meanwhile, let me send some positive thoughts, energy, and hugs your way! And as my sister Spindizzy once taught me the word, I'm sending you a "GLOMP" too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The blog has been around awhile now. Lots of people have come and gone since then. I try to be a sort of continuity, along with the Haven, as many TG people can be quite transitive, and the binge and purge mentality is very real.

      And thanks for the positive thoughts, and the other stuff too. I'll take everything I can get. I am hoping everyone else is OK, as I think you are only person to comment here since Fiona back 11 days ago! I do appreciate you checking up on me!

      Delete
  2. No, Alexia, don't shave - ewww, how sad a vulva looks when it's been defoliated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever she decides, it'll be her choice. I think it's fun to change up now and again.

      Delete
  3. Hey Sweetie. Saw this as I was back on the Haven for the Sad news. I love the look. The Haven Email is the same or the boi one here will work. Lots has happened to me in some ways & much less in others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got a chance to see the caption! I am always happy when an old friend reaches out to me, even when it's for a sad reason.

      We'll all raise our glasses to the legend that is Rachel!

      Delete