Thursday, August 6, 2020

A View From Bikini Beach!


I don't usually do TG universes that aren't my own, but I made an exception here!


Even though I didn't name it in the caption, this is a Bikini Beach caption. For those that don't know, it's a TG universe made a long time ago, like almost 20 years perhaps? Pretty much, you go to this water park that is women only, and you pay for a pass to get in, for a day, a week, a season, or lifetime. After you enter, you HAVE to take a shower to clean yourself off, and when you do, it turns you into a female .. writers have figured out ways to make you younger or older, etc .. Apparently, the women only thing was so that girls wouldn't be harassed by men or have deal with men.

So, I am not sure I've done any in the past. When I saw this picture, the idea came to me and I decided to make it right away, as I hadn't been that motivated lately to create. I also hadn't made anything for Kelly (Sp2000) in awhile, and I knew that she'd like this scenario. She's been on the Haven for over 9 years now, and we've traded captions quite often. It can be a lot of fun to do POV captions, and I really hadn't made one in awhile, at least going back as far as I can remember lately .. so this resets that clock. Maybe I should go hunting for some more?

It's kind of interesting that we don't really have many TG universes around anymore, when there were so many back 15-20+ years ago. Spells R Us, Bikini Beach, Magic Taxi, Altered Fates, Medallion of Zulo, etc .. The only one that I really enjoyed was Spells R Us, but the others were all quite popular too, and I don't know what happened. Maybe all the good ideas were exhausted at some point? I attribute it to a lack of TG communities that arose back in those earlier times. Places like the Haven, Mindy's places, Fictionmania. Storysite, and the like. Now, everyone has their own blog, and there isn't as much interaction as there should be between creators and other creators, and between fans and those who make the works they love.

Well, we still have the bench captions, right? Nah, who would make new works based on THAT tired premise? I mean, C'mon! Wait a minute! A few days ago, there was one posted? A caption about a bench that didn't include the bench so no one noticed? Maybe you should CLICK HERE then and see it if you missed it then!


6 comments:

  1. I wasn’t looking at TG caps that far back so not familiar with those universes, but as you described Bikini Beach and made a great pool caption around it, I love it. Rightly Kevin is totally smitten with his/her new body and lifestyle.Very thoughtful of her so Damien will enjoy it too of course. Spells R Us - intriguing name and seeing as it’s one you really enjoyed, maybe can you try one - I’ll even let you feature my name, for femme my favorite right now is Annabelle. As I don’t do captions myself, unfortunately I can’t offer a trade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, those universes were all for TG fiction, as captioning didn't really hit big until 2005 or so. But it was established fiction = captions, so it did carry over quite a bit.

      Spells R Us is/was a storefront that would pop up out of nowhere, run by a wizard, and would offer magical trinkets that would give something to the person, supposedly to solve some sort of issue or problem they had, but if it was used wrong, or perhaps even if used correctly, would alter a person .. usually as a TG change, but also animal TF's, mental or physical changes or swaps with others .. all with an ironic bent .. so pretty much a trickster mode. Of course the store would usually vanish and appear elsewhere, or the store would still be there, and the person changed would complain, and if they did, there was usually a secondary reveal.

      I will see what I can do about making something in the SRU universe for you in caption format. I would also recommend going to Fictionmania, and searching out the Spells R Us universe .. there has to be a ton of stories dealing with it there.

      Delete
    2. Thank-you, I’ll have fun searching fictionmania and look forward to a caption sometime here.

      Delete
    3. I'm sure you'll find some good stories back in that universe on FM.

      Delete
  2. I was not a huge fan of Bikini Beach,,,,,I liked the "Spells R Us and Medallion of Zulo more.....but this was a fun cap and I doubt the idea would have come to me from this pic....
    I was first exposed to the various universes on Fictionmania and I still go there pretty frequently.....I even put up a couple of stories there....but I just can't seem to find the time to contribute there as well as run all the blogs....
    And as for the benches.....well I've got a couple of pics just waiting for me to get to them.....maybe one of these days when I'm sitting out in the yard on that bench that has been nothing but a disappointment to me!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were you listed there under any Kaaren name? I'd have to search them out!

      And sorry that I've put an unfair assumption upon your lawn furniture! Poor things are supporting your ass all the time, and you think they need to rise above that and fulfill your innermost desires?!? Do you know how many people don't even HAVE a yard to sit in .. me included! LOL Oh Sweetie, you are already living the dream of a majority of our followers! :P

      Delete