Thursday, December 27, 2018

I'd Love to be Goofin' Around Right Now Like the Good Ole Days!


Who wouldn't want to hang around with Young Damien? I smell a new television series!


Well, they spun off Young Sheldon and *I* wasn't nearly the geek that he is! Even then, I appreciated the female form and how girls looked and acted!

Found this picture and whipped up a little quickie to tide myself over and get a chance to get rid of the holiday hangover that usually happens between Christmas and New Years. In real life, I got over that quickly by being incredibly busy and hoping that the start of 2019 is going to be better than the end of 2018. We can hope, right?

Usually this is a time for just chilling and preparing for next year. I'm jumping in head first! I would like to take an actual vacation for once. You know the kind where you take a whole week off and go somewhere and be a tourist? 2019 will be exactly 20 years since the last time I've done that. I am going to try to make plans and save up some money and see that through, instead of continually spending the vacation fund on "frivolous things" like brakes for the truck or dental work. Perhaps February or March when it is cold snowy here and NOT cold snowy wherever we decide to go. My relative from Florida was "freezing" during his visit while I was walking around with just shirtsleeves in the 35 degree weather with no wind. They have no idea what COLD really is!

I guess this was just random thoughts in a random order today for the post? Well, that is what today was, a bunch of random things thrown at me with no seeming pattern so this is what you get!

DISCUSSION QUESTION: Are you usually pretty active or more lethargic during the week or so between Christmas Day and New Year's Eve? Which would you PREFER to be? Was the plot in the caption something you would have done as a tween or did you come to appreciate our TG world later on in your life? Anyone in your family know about your desires if you did have them back then?



Not a huge fan of Miley Cyrus' singing voice, but I do appreciate her work with LGBT+ teens .. AND my goddess, who wouldn't want to look like THAT at a Christmas Party or ringing in the New Year?

6 comments:

  1. For active or inactive it mostly depends on what shift of my job I'm on. Neither are overly busy but if I the week before news years off or on will mean I'm more active than usual.
    I'm not sure on which I prefer. Both have there positives. I think it just depends on my mood and if I have work or not.
    In my teens I knew very little of the tg world and understood even less the emotions and feelings it brought up.
    I wanna say that know one knew, but my mom is a sharp cookie and I feel she knew way more than she let on. She's never brought it up or mentioned it. (among other things) I just always felt that she knows something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think Mom's have a way of knowing that goes beyond even intuition. Well, that or possibly we stretched out her clothing!

      Delete
  2. My wife is talking about another road trip down south in February or March....maybe Florida....maybe Tennessee....I'm rooting for the latter...The last time we were there I loved it....people were so nice and everything was clean!!!
    Not Memphis, but Nashville is really my kind of town....consider it if you're thinking of places to go!!!!
    As for the cap....well my fantasies tended toward being a gurl among the real girls....so having that spellbook could've worked out nicely for me!!!

    Love
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Memphis and Nashville when I was an early teen. Opryland theme park was OK, and Dollywood was fun. I just wasn't a fan of country music. Still not!

      Delete
  3. I stay pretty active during the holidays, partly because it gives me an excuse to cut family gatherings short, and partly because I'd rather save my vacation days for a real vacation. We are actually going to talk to a travel agent today about a week in Cuba at the end of March!

    I loved the caption - cute and simple. I was already well aware of the TG world as a tween, but never would have thought of turning my friends into girls - just myself would have been just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I don't work much between Christmas and New Year's because my vacation days end at the end of December, so it's a case of use 'em or lose 'em. The last few years, I've spread them out so I don't think I had a full work week since Halloween. It'll be back to the grind staring January 7th .. for one full week I think before MLK day kicks in and I'll have another 4 day work week!

      Well, as a tween, I always thought it'd be better if my best friend changed too, that way I'd still have at least one friend AND it wouldn't look like I was trying too hard to WANT to be a girl! You know, plausible deniability?

      Delete