Monday, August 28, 2017

'Hue' Do We Think We Are?


Originally thought about calling this, "There is no Dana, only Azul!" but I ain't 'fraid of no ghost!


Yeah, sorry about not being around yesterday. A bit of pleasure to be had and I took advantage of it; now back to the work week, hoping everyone that reads this blog is safe and sound from Harvey.

Made this for Lady Harmony, and while I think it's a pretty good caption overall, it was written mostly to serve the stinger. I think it is composed well around the subject, sets up the premise, gives a bit of exposition, and leaves before it gets tiring .. but yeah, it is all set up to get to the stinger.

I even made mention of that to Lady as I was posting it. "I'm sure your friend is a complete gentleman. Where it goes from there in the caption is a wild guess on my part, since I was mostly writing it to the zinger. For all I know, he could end up turning himself into a smurf or something!"

I guess that perhaps in my younger days, I would look down upon a caption that I had created like this, because it could be construed as one note .. but sometimes it is still a pretty good note. Many of my more elaborate captions end up falling flat, or don't connect the story as well as I intended. This did the job 100 percent as I wanted it to be. 

That, or maybe caption ideas can come quick and rapidly, or slow and drawn out depending on our moods.. so why quibble about the process too much and just let it do its job?

Hopefully she, and you the viewers here, will enjoy it for what it is worth. This time without you having to read any subtext or deeper meaning. Let me know if I'm making any sense whatsoever!


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes its just best to go with the flow. And it is quite a fun zinger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those darn spell books!!!! I mean...who speaks Latin these days? But in this case it seems to have all worked out for the best except for those Brown heels in the hallway....
    I love that Dylan song but I might have gone with "Crystal Blue Persuasion" it is after all a new vibration!!!
    Love
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost did that one, but i thought that Bob Dylan trying to speak Latin was VERY FUNNY so I went with "Tangled Up in Blue" instead.

      Delete