Wednesday, April 12, 2017

1200th Post - Keeping Abreast of Things at the Public Library! (+1 extra!)


I couldn't have reached this milestone moment without .. the first 1199 posts coming first!


And I thought my latest book would have the legs to stay in demand for quite a few years going forward! It's not like my novel, Fahrenheit 666, right? Things would've got VERY hot and uncomfortable if you chose that opus instead.

Made this for KarenSue a few weeks ago. The picture is perfect for a caption, and setting it in a library was my little hope that they'll stick around for a bit longer, though it seems like the funding to keep them open dwindles every year. Maybe in the near future, it'll become like a desolate place where creepy goth girls and wizards go to practice their dark arts on gilded tomes from days long past .. instead of mostly old people going in to read the newspapers for free. I think our public library has puppet shows for the kids in air conditioning, which can give parents a needed rest for a few minutes. Maybe they should convert some of the stacks into personal sex booths for those parents.

Anyway, for KarenSue, her main question was, "Dr. Mentia's a DDS?" Well, I just had to reply:
I put lots of letters after my name. Keeps people guessing. Plus you'd HAVE to be a Dummy, Idiot or Bimbo to buy a magic book written by a dentist!
And as a doctor, I can't be any worse than Oz or Phil, right?
I just thought it was a funny joke that a book like that would be written by a dentist.

So, yes .. this is the 1200th post. I had a different caption planned, but that was supposed to be for when I got off my sabbatical .. which probably isn't for another week and a half, as mentioned in the last post. Oh well. Since that one is semi-political, I'm SURE that it won't fell dated in the slightest! Speaking of current, I might as post this quickie I made last night for Mom2be.


It definitely isn't strong enough to have its own post, and who'll remember the poor doctor getting concussed on an airline flight in a few days?

Now you've got TWO different captions to comment about, or you can talk about 1200 posts and what your favorite AND least favorite ones are. Head down there and chatter away!


6 comments:

  1. Love the topical second caption. i wonder if they were told they would not change back after the flight. i enjoyed Dr D Mentia's follow up book Defending yourself in court for Dummies.
    Well done on the 1200 posts.
    Ian BBW WLTM WEM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the milestone! Know that I am very jealous!

    And good caps, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 1200! Too bad United didnt switch to transformations sooner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the 1200 posts, and I'm glad I could contribute to a few myself ;)

    Lovely library cap. there should be way more caps of girls with books.

    Well your second cap does make a compelling case for flying U/A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. library cap is the best cap I've seen in years.

    ReplyDelete