Thursday, April 9, 2015

Making Copies .. Figuratively and Literally! .. and NEW DIY CHALLENGE!


Insert unfunny Rob Schneider joke here!


Made this one about a week ago, but wasn't that fond of it. When I saw the picture, I thought of the story and the best way to avoid being clunky was to make it a body swap. To me it's weird though because she is technically taking advantage of her own body while wearing her attackers skin. I'm not sure that is good enough of a justification to execute the plot line .. which is why I ended it on a punishment of a different sort .. and tied the story together with a mini-zinger.

Still not really my best work by any stretch of the imagination, hence it is being used to introduce a new DIY Challenge Contest.


Believe it or not, but I made this caption setting a couple months ago, but never did anything with it, probably because there are so many scenarios it could be used for, and I didn't have anyone quite in mind at the time. Perhaps I will use it for someone like I did during the last challenge, but as of now I haven't tried to make something for it since I created the framework.

Deadline is Sunday, April 26 at midnight PST Hope we get LOTS of people submitting their ideas this time! Get cracking! GO TEAM!


One of the better Davy Jones lead songs from the Monkees, written by Neil Diamond, and it's got that 60's garage song feel to it that elevates it over most of the syrupy crap songs they gave him.

Look out, here comes tomorrow,That's when I'll have to choose. 
How I wish I could borrow, Someone else's shoes.

Mary, oh what a sweet girl, Lips like strawberry pie.
Sandra, the long hair and pig tails, Can't make up my mind.

Without the chorus, it almost sounds like he's having trouble figuring out who's shoes he should be borrowing .. Mary's or Sandra's? I'm sure many girls in the 60's wouldn't have minded dressing Davy up in whatever he wanted to wear!

2 comments:

  1. Yes love the end zinger i wonder how many secretaires he well have to swap with. as you say a few kinks if you go into it but thats ok.
    like thenew DIY lots of scope with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love the DIY challenges, because I am pants at this sort of 'flash-fiction' and love seeing what occurs to other people. One day, *one* day, I shall come up with something. In the meantime, I am looking forward to what comes out of this image.

    I am also in awe of the image searching skills you posess!

    ReplyDelete