Sunday, June 29, 2014

Blast from the Past .. Blowing Out the Candles!


when you have 666 candles on your cake, it takes a big breath to blow them all out!


Unfortunately, there are hardly any captions left in my folder that were given to me on previous birthdays. The stupid database crash affected most people, but the people with the biggest trading folders (I had the 2nd largest behind Bren) lost the most captions. I really didn't save that many captions made for myself, figuring that the Haven would hold them as long as needed. Luckily I was able to find this one that Steffie made for me back in 2009. I don't have any of the B-day captions that Petra made me, nor the ones from Courtney. Grrr, I think my wish would be to go back a few years and back up all the captions that people gave me!


Also found this one that was made for me by one of my captioning favorites back before I started doing it myself, Jen DerBender. We even got to talk shop a few times, and this caption was only the 2nd time she'd ever done a magical caption, so I feel blessed for having known her!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend! I have finally answered all the comments from the previous week, and will be adding some new links hopefully this week if work is slow. If anyone has some ideas for a posting here, please let me know and I'll see what I can do. At this point, I think I'm back on track and ready to roll.


1 comment:

  1. Again a happy birthday. A little late here, but apparently I wasn't adult enough to visit your and other blogs yesterday;)
    This post appeals to me in more than one way. Besides two great caps to enjoy, I've used grinders and chain saws professionally in the past.

    Your sentiments about your early days capping, are similar to my sentiments about my job. Besides I still love doing it, I have seen so many people come and go. The good and the bad never seem to leave my memory. The mediocre people however do. Unlike you, who has become an Icon in her own right as a capper, I often feel like I became part of the furniture at my job.

    ReplyDelete